About mission 14's RPG

It is said that the RPG is located on the roof of a 2 story building 600 feet northeast of the burning truck. But I've looked at every single building in northeast with my TGP and I still can't find the RPG. Also there is a really really low cloud blocking my view and hindering my search for the target. I have to fly over and over again underneath the cloud to try to find the RPG. This is really annoying and unnecessary. So could you please remove the cloud cover or just remove the label restriction in the campaign or simply tell me where the rpg is? Many thanks. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

It is said that the RPG is located on the roof of a 2 story building 600 feet northeast of the burning truck. But I've looked at every single building in northeast with my TGP and I still can't find the RPG. Also there is a really really low cloud blocking my view and hindering my search for the target. I have to fly over and over again underneath the cloud to try to find the RPG. This is really annoying and unnecessary. So could you please remove the cloud cover or just remove the label restriction in the campaign or simply tell me where the rpg is? Many thanks. 

Please see picture below, blue circle is the RPG team, black circle is the burning wreck so hope that helps.  Cloud cover is there intentionally to provide more challenge as you are deeper into the campaign and to force you to operate lower in AAA/MANPAD range.  With regards to feedback on this, I've had some say they don't like the added difficulty please change and some say they love it, please leave...the dilemmas we campaign devs face 🤣.

M14.jpg

20 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Please see picture below, blue circle is the RPG team, black circle is the burning wreck so hope that helps.  Cloud cover is there intentionally to provide more challenge as you are deeper into the campaign and to force you to operate lower in AAA/MANPAD range.  With regards to feedback on this, I've had some say they don't like the added difficulty please change and some say they love it, please leave...the dilemmas we campaign devs face 🤣.

M14.jpg

Thank you so much this picture definitely helps I'll try it after work. Lots of love. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks for that.

I still fail to acheive the mission once I've got to switch to the reinforcements...

Can't acquire them, too low, going down... or they are too fast.

don't talk about the fleeing guy. Got him too soon or too late...

Damn! that mission drives me crazy!

1 minute ago, DN308 said:

Thanks for that.

I still fail to acheive the mission once I've got to switch to the reinforcements...

Can't acquire them, too low, going down... or they are too fast.

don't talk about the fleeing guy. Got him too soon or too late...

Damn! that mission drives me crazy!

If you're struggling to aquire them the last few days/weeks it could be due to the FLIR being broken on the A-10 since the Apache came out.  Not checked myself yet but I'm hearing targets are hard to make out on the TGP.

Using that thread to get answers on my noob's experience, I would like to know the procedure to have my GBU-38s READY instead of ALN UNS?

The most frustrating is that when coming back to base, I just noticed that they are at last, READY....

What I'm doing wrong or forget?

36 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Using that thread to get answers on my noob's experience, I would like to know the procedure to have my GBU-38s READY instead of ALN UNS?

The most frustrating is that when coming back to base, I just noticed that they are at last, READY....

What I'm doing wrong or forget?

I've not flown the A-10 in ages so probably can't offer much help, hopefully someone else who knows more than me will see this.  Only thing I can offer is make sure you select them early and let them power up, in the Hornet just selecting them on the stores page powers up their GPS/INS, no idea if its the same on the A-10 but I don't remember ever having to do many steps to get them ready.

Thanks mate. 
Apparently it’s not supposed to happen once airborne. Thus, auto corrected once on the ground.

Strange, or a bug… Have to check that again, thus, I’ll make a report if it happens again

Edited by DN308
  • Thanks 1

I’d managed to complete the mission with GBU-12, but still not fixed the alignment issue.

I guess that I rushed myself on startup, so I didn’t finished the alignment properly. Have to return to basics

Anyway, we need more campaign like this one for the A-10. Hopefully in Syria. It would be a huge pleasure.

BTW, even if I’m not a native English speaker, if you need a foreign accent speaker, I can try to help you

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The cloud cover is a pain in the ass....

image.png

Also couldn't see the burning town as it was under clouds too.

Was doing fine but the manpad got my UHF radio so no words from lead.....

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Just tried this mission today. The cloud cover is a huge immersion breaker. Not because it makes it more difficult, but because it doesn't fit with what Davy is telling us. He is orbiting acting as FAC-A and pointing out targets and threats, whereas I can't see anything unless I head off a few miles to the south and get to low altitude. If you're going to have this narrative of us being able to see the target, then let us see the target. If the target is supposed to be covered with clouds, Davy shouldn't be able to identify individual manpads from above the cloud deck. The whole thing doesn't make sense and makes it seem like a mistake in the mission design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeneMene said:

Just tried this mission today. The cloud cover is a huge immersion breaker. Not because it makes it more difficult, but because it doesn't fit with what Davy is telling us. He is orbiting acting as FAC-A and pointing out targets and threats, whereas I can't see anything unless I head off a few miles to the south and get to low altitude. If you're going to have this narrative of us being able to see the target, then let us see the target. If the target is supposed to be covered with clouds, Davy shouldn't be able to identify individual manpads from above the cloud deck. The whole thing doesn't make sense and makes it seem like a mistake in the mission design.

I'll recheck and ammend if I think it needs it.  I've so far been reluctant to change thr clouds post 2.7 cloud update (coverage was less patchy after the new clouds) as I've had just as many players welcoming the challenge as I have saying they found it too challenging.  You've raised a good point however, and are the first to do so, so I think it warrants another look.  I'll keep you all posted.

Low clouds every now and then is a good challenge, but it would be nice if it wasn't literally half of the missions of the campaign. Come up with new ways to make it challenging other than low cloud+MANPADS. Other than that, one of my favorite campaigns.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Last try, located the manpad before first run, sent 1 laser rocket while I gun strafed the infantry... way easier after. 100 score.

• Thanks 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg