UHF/VHF Radio preset resets to frequency when contacting AI

trigen

Hello

Openbeta 2.7.6.12852

MP, Syria tested.

UHF and VHF 

Presets will change to the frequency, front DED and in coms page when contacting any option such as ATC or Tanker via radio menu. There is no change in the actual set presets.  See track. 

PMC_SYRIA-20210919-153305.trk

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

23 hours ago, Frederf said:

Sounds like normal behavior with "easy communications" helper on. Easy comms does weird non-realistic stuff because it's not the setting which is simulating reality the closest.

It does the same thing (MP Wildcats server) and It was not an issue previous patch so as far as i can see its something that has been introduced now. Easy coms is also: no (local) on the server so it should be off but i see i do get frequencies up in the radio menu so it may be on anyway or it could be a script thing.
In SP and easy coms off it does not shift into the frequency but it does when easy com is on. 

Edited by trigen

I can't see the track without Syria. I'm not sure the exact situation you're describing. Automatically changing frequencies sounds like easy comms and I wouldn't assume just because the server browser says yes or no that you do or do not experience easy comms.

If the radio menu text is only white then easy comms are off. If there is a mixture of gray, white, and black text then easy comms is on.

Turned out to be a server setting that seemed a bit counter intuitive as its actually still on even when Easy com text and check mark is greyed out and says "Easy com no (Local)" when you look at the server in the MP list. It would be good if this stay white 

easy com.png

Edited by trigen

On 9/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, trigen said:

Turned out to be a server setting that seemed a bit counter intuitive as its actually still on even when Easy com text and check mark is greyed out and says "Easy com no (Local)"

This is showing you that Easy Communication is turned on for your local system, but that the mission is not set to enforce this setting on anyone else that plays it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1