Reselecting radio-channel turns it off

MarcT-NL

In order to save bindings in my HOTAS, I was thinking this:

The Radio has four channels, A-B-C-D, and an OFF-button. Now I could bind 4 buttons of my HOTAS to the 4 channels so I can quickly change the channel without grabbing the mouse.

But I also want to be able to turn off the radio. When I push a channel. already selected, the channel goes off, but the radio is still on.

Example: when I push the button, bound to channel A, the radio selects channel A. When I push this same butting again, the radio DEselects channel A, but doesn't turn off the radio. So it doesn't depress the OFF-button.

I wonder if this could be implemented. The same goes for the radio on the P-51 by the way. I don't have the other warbirds, so I wouldn't know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, jocko417 said:

In real life the radio works this way: select any channel by pushing a button from A-D. To deselect you have to either select a different channel, or the OFF button. You can not deselect a channel by pushing the same button again. 🙂

Right, and that makes sence... in real life.

In DCS-life however the way it works now is this: select any channel by pushing a button from A-D. To deselect you have to either select a different channel, or the OFF button or select that same channel again.

In the last case however, the channel is deselected, however the radio is not turned off. So it is not the same as selecting the off-button.

My whish for this whishlist was dat re-selecting a channel would select the OFF-button. Just to save some bindings on my not-infinite HOTAS.

-OR-

If you realy want to stick to real life, let re-selecting a channel do nothing, as it does in real life.

This goes then for all warbirds that use this type of radio.

Edited by MarcT-NL

The real radio buttons are switches with a mechanical interlock.

Pressing and locking one button mechanically releases all the others.

Pressing the same button again does nothing because the switch is already locked.

The off button does the same thing, but has no switch contacts fitted.

• 5 months later...

I fully understand. But the real radio had all the switches it needed. In the virtual world we just have a HOTAS, and you will just have to do with the buttons you have.

Since re-pressing a selected channel already turns off that channel-button ED might as well make it that the channel is turned off.