Throttle Uncage mapping to Hotas

Orestd

Hi. I just got the A10C and I just noticed That I can't map the throttle engine start to my Thrustmaster. I use VR and RALt Home and RCntl Home is a bit awkward. All the other aircraft allow me to map the throttle uncage to my hotas throttles. Thank you

5 hours ago, Orestd said:

I just got the A10C and I just noticed That I can't map the throttle engine start to my Thrustmaster.

Actually, that should already be preconfigured for you with the Thrustmaster Warthog. Once in the cold and dark pit, move either throttle from OFF to IDLE and this should be reflected in the DCS A-10C.

However, at the start of a mission, DCS might not be "aware" of your actual throttle position, so it might be necessary to move the throttle from OFF to IDLE, back to OFF, and once more to IDLE for DCS to catch up.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Actually, that should already be preconfigured for you with the Thrustmaster Warthog. Once in the cold and dark pit, move either throttle from OFF to IDLE and this should be reflected in the DCS A-10C.

However, at the start of a mission, DCS might not be "aware" of your actual throttle position, so it might be necessary to move the throttle from OFF to IDLE, back to OFF, and once more to IDLE for DCS to catch up.

^^^ This ^^^

Part of my routine for a cold and dark startup (A-10, F16, F18) is to move them from normal range back into the OFF position once I load in to the cockpit. The OFF position has a momentary switch that is engaged when the throttle handle is there. Works as intended every time once I got into that habit.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 2

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

ok thanks very much Appreciate

1 hour ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

^^^ This ^^^

Part of my routine for a cold and dark startup (A-10, F16, F18) is to move them from normal range back into the OFF position once I load in to the cockpit. The OFF position has a momentary switch that is engaged when the throttle handle is there. Works as intended every time once I got into that habit.

Ok thank you. Appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:28 PM, Eugel said:

Or if you activate "synchronize cockpit controls with HOTAS" from the options menu, it should work right away.

This causes myriad other problems and is not reccomended.  If I have it checked, I often have an uncontrollable pitch up after take off, and other control synchronization problems.  

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier