Using 3ds Max w/ EDM Plugin Succesfully

Armada

Hi,

I am working on a mod for DCS that requires building a model and then exporting it. I have the model in 3ds Max 2020, and I have tried several different versions of the EDM Plugin (including the most recent one) and none of them have succeeded in exporting a .edm file that can be read by ModelViewer2. At this point, I am pretty sure the problem is with the plugin, and not my 3ds Max install. Does anyone have a sure version of the plugin that they know 100% works with Max 2020? If so, could you please attach it, or tell me where to find it.

Thank you so much,

Armada

Hi,

First of all thank you for responding.

I know I have to make Cool my materials using the plugin, and have tried that. But each time I do it and export the model, I get a .edm file, but it won't show up in ModelViewer2.

I have seen many people using 5 or 6 year old versions of 3ds Max, and clearly those work. Unfortunately, I am relatively new to the table with modding and  I can't get any version older than 2020.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Am 14.10.2021 um 20:35 schrieb razo+r:

show incompatible -> Standard material (legacy) for 2021

i get a error not work with it

get anyone 3Ds Max 2021 work for DCS export?

ok, ignore the Reder Error and it will work

Now i use 3Ds Max 2022 and the edm-plugins-190327

Edited by Veteran66

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any problem exporting EDMs from 3DS Max 2021. I use the Scanline Standard (Legacy) material. No errors on export and I've exported a lot of models with it by now. 

image.png