Train wheels below railway

rayrayblues

I can't thank you guys enough for all of the big improvement to trains.  SRsfa58.gif

There are only two minor issues left (compared to what you have done so far).  I will address them in separate posts.

On The Channel, Persian Gulf, and Syria maps, train wheels are sunken half way into the roadbed

except when traveling over bridges, switches, tunnels and some road crossings. 

This doesn't happen on Caucasus or Normandy. The wheels are on the tracks, not under them.

I don't own Nevada and there aren't any railroads on The Marianas Islands.

I am downloading the NTTR map and will update this post later.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, Ray    HVYapur.png

UPDATED INFO:

I just downloaded NTTR and the trains are fine. The problem seems to only affect Persian Gulf, The Channel and Syria  maps.

Edited by rayrayblues
additional info
  • Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Thank you for reporting the snag. I hoped we might see a fix in the latest update...maybe soon fingers crossed

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Attached are videos of what my Trains look like...getting worse with every update. Terrible flickering/ Stuttering, and on the channel map in particular, the wheels dont turn and the move along way below the tracks...except on bridges...but wheels never turn. Looks really bad, not up to DCS standard at all.

20231011_163926[1].jpg

• Like 1

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Hi i just gave my British Steam Locomotive that i have built to correct height on track -   3 test runs.

DCS ST - Normandy 2 - works perfect.

DCS Open Beta - Normandy 2 - works perfect.

DCS Multi Thread - Normandy 2 - Wheels dont rotate and valve gear does not move - even from a standing start so its not a spoke strobing effect at speed - it just skids along the track like magic . Theres also the nice built in BEER GOGGLES Effect.

I tried some of my wagons with no arg 8 set for wheel rotations but results still the same.

If i pause DCS MT the trains are sharp and no beer goggles effect.

ED - I would guess its a bounding box calculation error in the MT code forcing the wheels animation arg 8 to reset or even looking for the wrong arg number.

Height adjustment of trains is simple if you build your own as you just adjust in Blender and use Tobis EDM Exporter. 

Good luck I hope it can be solved. 

I wonder how many users have reinstalled and messed around with settings trying to fix this. 

Good thing i dont use MT as i would have wasted countless hours trying to get the wheels to rotate ! 

DCS would have been sadly in my recycle bin.

Edited by waterman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Flappie

Looking forward to trying it out - im downloading the 2.9 update now.

- just tried it and the trains no longer stutter thanks .

the steam locomotive wheels still dont turn maybe the Devs tested using a deisel or Electric loco as you cannot see if they are rotating or not so look ok.

Edited by waterman

Well now i`m getting this stuttering everywhere in MP using MT client

with ST clients its gone (like my FPS...)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

The Trains on the Caucasus map run on the Rails, on all other maps they run stupidly Below the Tracks .

On No maps do their Wheels turn.

For an amazing sim with such detail...this remains Sub Par...please give some attention guys

Thank you

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I build my own Steam Locomotives Wagons and Coaches and also the Krupp K5 German Railwaygun.

I can adjust the height of each one in blender and export the EDM files for EG - Normandy 2.

All of my wheels and valve gear animate and turn great but not in the MT Version.

As far as i can tell its the track height that is different on each Map. 

I did not release any of mine as it made them look stupid if they are hooked up with the Existing ones that are below the tracks.

I have said this several times already - " it looks like the DCS items need to be duplicated and the height adjusted and then clearly named "

Its a very simple task but i cannot edit a locked DCS EDM only my own files.

I kept asking for it to be fixed but i guess it is too hard .

• Flappie changed the title to TRAINS STUTTERING
  • Flappie changed the title to Train wheels below railway
21 hours ago, gulredrel said:

Is the issue with the wheels not turning also known issue / related to being below the tracks?

I'm able to reproduce this issue in Caucasus, which means this is a different bug. I'll report it right away. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Guys,

Thankyou all for the feedback....Its great to know the guys are working on the issue.

Waterman, you should really package your work,  Once the MT issue is resolved. I am sure many would love to develop the Train side of the Sim...Especially in Normandy 2.

It will make a brilliant add on...like the V2 launcher

Regards

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb