Andersen AFB research (Will it be further upgraded by ED?) Wrong/missing buildings/locations New Models and more

Hey Folks, hey ED.
I checked Andersen Air force base on google maps and then inside DCS and found out that many buildings are wrong, or missing at all. I got a lot of questions on my mind since i'm getting more and more back into 3D modeling. To me, a more realistic looking "ground" and Airbases/Airports are most important, i would easily sacrifice all the flyables and stick to 2 or 3 aircrafts.

Sure the biggest dream would be that ED give some people the chance to only edit the Airbases or Airports, kinda like MS2020, but i think that remains a dream since this would come with an access to the terrain editing software. Still hope that some get a chance !!!.

Anyway back to topic, there's a lot but i start with the north part of the Base. Some people that got pictures or first hand expirience with Andersen Airbase are welcome. The Main weapon Bunker or Weapon assembly building is missing.

Check the pictures, the size is in meters, seems to be about 130meters long and about 35meters wide. I cannot find any pictures about this building only the satellite shot from google maps, bing maps. I don't know how it looks from the side.

And, are those light poles around?, I don't know if i'm on the right path here

Any help is appreciated, will continue to update with more info and models. Finished the Main Gate building so far and some Light Pole models with working lights that do illuminate, and yes, as static objects.

andersen weapons bunker meassurements.jpg

Screen_210922_111206.jpg

Edited by Ghostrida9
  • Like 1
If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.