Skins forum

VH-Rock

Can we get an area in the forums for Mosquito skins please, like we do for other modules. I've had a look and I'm sure I can't see an area already created, but we have one for the Me-262? certain there's going to be a lot of people wanting to release skins for this one! 

• Like 4

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

I second that! 

My daughter just met a Mossie pilot over the weekend at CYKF, Canadian fella George Stewart. He flew a 23 SQN Mosquito VI, 50 missions. He is in his late 90's and I hope someone can make skin for him. It was an RAF 23 SQN Mark VI.  YP-E PZ181.  Thought it may be neat to create his Mossie Virtually. 🙂    

I reached out to one skinner Therio. He does a great job, hope he can make it and that we get separate forum soon. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norcat said:

I second that! 

My daughter just met a Mossie pilot over the weekend at CYKF, Canadian fella George Stewart. He flew a 23 SQN Mosquito VI, 50 missions. He is in his late 90's and I hope someone can make skin for him. It was an RAF 23 SQN Mark VI.  YP-E PZ181.  Thought it may be neat to create his Mossie Virtually. 🙂    

I reached out to one skinner Therio. He does a great job, hope he can make it and that we get separate forum soon. 

image.jpeg

What does he think about his conflict/plane in a sim like DCS?

On 9/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, SRF_Robert said:

What does he think about his conflict/plane in a sim like DCS?

Have not had a chance to ask him.  Same as any pilot or service member that has a machine or combat replicated in the sim I’d imagine. Good and bad memories. 

I hope to see my grandfathers 420sqn Halifax in a sim at some point and fly some of his missions. Get a feel for what it may have been like as a MUG and Tail Gunner. 

Books do give some insight but combined with the sim, DCS really can bring stories back to life and allow others to empathize more with those that have been ‘front line.’ Mossie Mayhem is one I am listening to now and flying some missions from.  It really make the understanding of history so much deeper. 

I hope to speak Mr Stewart in the near future.  I’ll let you know his thoughts