Mosquito multiplayer multicrew

AlpineGTA

I've noticed that when in multiplayer the Mosquito has two slots available for each aircraft - pilot or navigator. Has anyone tried it online - two people in the same Mosquito? If so, how do you use SRS comms to talk to each other and how well does it work?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

It does work, and you talk over the intercom channel in SRS. The observer/navigator can interact with pretty much everything except the flight controls so makes a useful second pair of hands for the pilot. Most things seems to be synced properly except the trim wheels, which is usually a big problem in multicrew so it's quite a promising start!

Thanks for the replies, that sounds pretty cool. I haven't learnt any navigation or radio controls and I don't think they're fully functional yet anyway, so I'd be pretty useless as a navigator, but it still sounds like a fun thing to try if I can find someone willing to let me jump into their plane with them. It would make for a useful second pair of eyes to search for targets/bandits/check six etc. if nothing else.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

Thanks for the replies, that sounds pretty cool. I haven't learnt any navigation or radio controls and I don't think they're fully functional yet anyway, so I'd be pretty useless as a navigator, but it still sounds like a fun thing to try if I can find someone willing to let me jump into their plane with them. It would make for a useful second pair of eyes to search for targets/bandits/check six etc. if nothing else.

navigational controls work. radio transmitting stations just need to be set up in ME for the Channel and normandy maps. in SP using active pause you can get away with working the radio sets, in MP its near impossible without a second seater.

Edited by JimBo*

It's good that the navigation controls are working. It'll be good to see people start using it in this way, it could make for some cool immersive missions. Are there any servers implementing this yet?

6 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

It's good that the navigation controls are working. It'll be good to see people start using it in this way, it could make for some cool immersive missions. Are there any servers implementing this yet?

I believe the LFDM guy's have been trying to set radio navigation up on their Channel map server. I'm not sure if they have managed to get it working yet. Most of the radio nav stuff is still WIP going from what has been said by the ED devs on the DCS WW2 discord channel.

Personally I'm going to wait until the radio's are fully implemented, as I may start to learn a system in depth only to have it's functionality changed with an update in the future and have to start all over again, not to mention learning something that's incorrect believing it to be correct etc. 

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, AlpineGTA said:

working on it now, wanted to make it so if later the germans could tune in too. lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

i can get the reciever to work in SP, but when i put the mission on server the reciever will not pickup any signals at least on the channel map.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do both people need to own the Mosquito to play multi crew? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.