Write something about this campaign - Rising Squall

lqqfrank

First of all: Worth it! I can feel the great efforts on producing it. 

To compare with most other campaign in DCS (either paid or free campaign in the user files), this campaign is very unique. It's not military background. (though it might be a debating point on this) While here are my personal views on this: 

- It's a well story driven campaign with a lot of audios, which make me closely following it, having full picture of what's happening all the time. 

- Music! beautiful music to enjoy! 

- Very nice pre-mission movies for better overview of each mission. This make it special. 

- Many friendly designs including kindly organized texts with clear line breaks between paragraphs (although this one looks too small to mention, I respect the team doing so carefully to help us reading long paragraphs)

Something to improve for the future if I may: 

- the conversation, please make it more natural or casual. Most talking is too formal for player to jump into the mood. 

- I guest most of players don't mind a little longer missions, and with more challenges. 

One question: you guys really can make good campaign, why don't you choose a military story? Which I guess will be more attractive to most players? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, lqqfrank said:

First of all: Worth it! I can feel the great efforts on producing it. 

To compare with most other campaign in DCS (either paid or free campaign in the user files), this campaign is very unique. It's not military background. (though it might be a debating point on this) While here are my personal views on this: 

- It's a well story driven campaign with a lot of audios, which make me closely following it, having full picture of what's happening all the time. 

- Music! beautiful music to enjoy! 

- Very nice pre-mission movies for better overview of each mission. This make it special. 

- Many friendly designs including kindly organized texts with clear line breaks between paragraphs (although this one looks too small to mention, I respect the team doing so carefully to help us reading long paragraphs)

Something to improve for the future if I may: 

- the conversation, please make it more natural or casual. Most talking is too formal for player to jump into the mood. 

- I guest most of players don't mind a little longer missions, and with more challenges. 

One question: you guys really can make good campaign, why don't you choose a military story? Which I guess will be more attractive to most players? 

Thank you very much for the review sir, we glad that you have enjoyed it.

We will work hard on those points in the future and will take your advices into consideration.

For your question, military story often involves strong political driving forces to have a 'reason to fight', which for this particular story, we wanted the player to start 'neutral' and sort of thinking and choosing his path on the way instead of having a clear 'good' and 'bad' guy in the beginning, if this answers your question. However, we do have plans of such stories that focuses on perspective of a 'soldier'. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2022/4/3 PM5点57分,razer668说:

Thanks very much for the campaign. 

I like to ask about the training tutorial mission 10: I can`t complete with 100 points. I hit the carrier. Can you help, please?

Screen_220403_113620.png

do you have TRK files for this missions?

I will check the reason from the Trk file.

In addition, I didn't consider the settings related to scores at that time. I'll take a closer look at their conditions.

IMHO this campaign is completely different to others and that is exactly was I was looking for. Quick action and a training campaign as a gift. Excellent. I would love they develop the same concept for F-16 or other aircrafts.

Thanks for the response!

Carrier coordinate is: N41-39-14.25 / E41-39-21.18

WPDSG is:                   N41-38-58.16 / E41-39-37.68

There is the difference as you can see on the picture showing below.

Using the TDC to steer the missile to the carrier won`t work to complete the mission.

About a TRK file I would help, but don`t know what to do exactly.

Screen_220403_113620.png