Amiens Prison that includes a comprehensive structural damage model

Gierasimov

Hello, 

So, installed this map again as I was really interested in the July 22nd newsletter sentence:

Amiens Prison that includes a comprehensive structural damage model.

Can somebody explain to me how it works? Granted I am not carpet bombing it with B-17, but modern artillery, APCs and MBTs should turn it into pile of bricks, I thought.

Was that assumption too much?

Apart from some roof texture change after several hits from MBT and artillery, the Amiens nuclear bunker stands ground.

Direct hit to brick wall or even gate makes no damage.

Does it work for the Mosquito bombs only?

PrisonDamage.trk

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Tried again with WW2 assets.

Similar results. Direct brick wall hits from tanks or 88 make no damage, dropping bombs from Mossie, or Jug, create a lot of fire and smoke, main building is visibly damaged but brick wall does not go down. Looks like the whole complex can sustain a lot of damage before actually getting destroyed, which is evident if you use scenery destruction trigger zone. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

20 hours ago, razo+r said:

The wall surrounding the complex does not have a damage model. Rounds will just fly through it. 

Trigger managed to bring it down - looks really funny as the pile of bricks makes perfect geometry along the wall, no randomization of debris / rubble whatsoever.

1000 lbs bomb seem to put a hole in it as well, but this is inconsistent, It happened only once in my testing.