AAA explosions low in cockpits WWII

pastranario3

@btd

Hello... I would like to be able to obtain the sdef file that handles aaa explosions since they are practically not heard from inside the cockpit. I have been looking for the file that handles these explosions, (it is only heard when they generate damage, and very low almost imperceptible those that detonate around) but I have not had any luck in finding it. I could do it like the post that had a problem with the rain, accompanying the corresponding file. So you could raise the gain and be able to hear the explosions correctly. Thank you.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hello,

Do you have any references to compare with? Why you should hear it in a very loud cockpit like P-51?

We don't have any "cockpit" sounds for the explosions. I can only raise the gain for the explosions from external view. And it will goes through the canopy filter into the cockpit. 

But some people said, the "external" explosions are too loud already. And we can raise and lower it many times 🙂

So please let's try to find smth like a reference and I will gladly adjust the gain for it.

Or you can of course adjust the gain by yourself as sound mod, the sdef files for it located here: ...\LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions

• Like 2

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

En 23/9/2021 a las 3:01, btd dijo:

Hello,

Do you have any references to compare with? Why you should hear it in a very loud cockpit like P-51?

We don't have any "cockpit" sounds for the explosions. I can only raise the gain for the explosions from external view. And it will goes through the canopy filter into the cockpit. 

But some people said, the "external" explosions are too loud already. And we can raise and lower it many times 🙂

So please let's try to find smth like a reference and I will gladly adjust the gain for it.

Or you can of course adjust the gain by yourself as sound mod, the sdef files for it located here: ...\LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions

Hello, thank you for answering, I have tried to record a video to show that the explosions are almost not heard inside the cockpit of the p51, with the external view they are heard but very low, the explosions that if heard are those that impact the plane. I have tried to do the sdef to increase the profit but I do not get any results. What are these files are the explosions of aaa Explosions / ExplodeAir.sdef
Explosions / ExplodeAir0.sdef
Explosions / ExplodeCluster.sdef
Explosions / ExplodeCluster_End.sdef
Explosions / ExplodeDistant.sdef
Explosions / ExplodeLightDistant.sdef
The mod file, I put it in the folder      Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\

• ED Team
7 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

What are these files are the explosions of aaa

Try to change gain and inner-outer radiuses for these sdef:

\LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\ExplodeGround0.sdef

ExplodeGround1.sdef

ExplodeGround2.sdef

7 hours ago, pastranario3 said:

The mod file, I put it in the folder      Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\

That's right

Best regards,

hace 7 horas, btd dijo:

Try to change gain and inner-outer radiuses for these sdef:

\LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\ExplodeGround0.sdef

ExplodeGround1.sdef

ExplodeGround2.sdef

That's right

I continue with the tests and I do not get any results. 
I have tried different values in all the options (iner, out, gain, etc)  I am enclosing one of the example files to see if it is correct. 

ExplodeGround0.sdef

Edited by pastranario3

• ED Team

The path to the audio should be in quotes. And in your sdef there are too small inner and outer radiuses.

Here is the attached sdef as an example ExplodeGround2.sdef

And I must notice that there are the "distant" sounds for the explosions too: \LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\ExplodeDistant.sdef and ExplodeLightDistant.sdef

Best regards,

En 27/9/2021 a las 3:12, btd dijo:

The path to the audio should be in quotes. And in your sdef there are too small inner and outer radiuses.

Here is the attached sdef as an example ExplodeGround2.sdef

And I must notice that there are the "distant" sounds for the explosions too: \LockOnExe\Sounds\sdef\Explosions\ExplodeDistant.sdef and ExplodeLightDistant.sdef

Thanks, I was able to get the mod to work to improve the audible sound of the AAA blasts. I'm going to upload a post with the files on the Mustang channel for people who want to use it. Thanks.

• 10 months later...

@btdHello, sorry for bothering you, my aaa sound mod stopped working, the explosions are not heard again aaa, surely there was some change, which change could be the reason that I can no longer hear the sounds as I had left it in the mod (here I leave my modification that I liked so much)- 

• 2 months later...