[Bug] Runway and terrain lighting anomolies with pimax 8kx in large FoV

FoxTwo

With the FoV set to large, there are flashing lighting streaks and anomalies with all terrain lights at night/dusk/dawn. Including airports and cities.

Setting the FoV to "Normal" in pitool makes the issue go away.

Most of the real craziness happens in the right eye only, but both are flashing random light rays all over the place.

I managed to get some screenshots of one of them in action. My head wasn't moving much in this shot, but the light streaks were dancing around like a disco ball.

Album showing the rays moving:

https://imgur.com/a/EW5vG0o

CcBXBDc.png

Edited by FoxTwo

• FoxTwo changed the title to [Bug] Runway and terrain lighting anomolies with pimax 8kx in large FoV
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I get disturbed lighting effects on night mission. It on VR and it's always present. The ground lights from runways to streetlights are distorted and manipulated and it causes an effect that lights up the ground unevenly and like a colourfull display of lights changing colours. It ruins game at night. I want to ask the forum and developers are they aware of it or how to find a solution. I have captured video of the problem it is uploaded on youtube because the video file is large so I can't upload it here. Can you have a look and tell me what you think.

Large video - (now removed) no longer needed.

Small video - (now removed)

Edited by Leop
update with video

• ED Team

Hi

please let us know your system spec and which headset you are using. 

Also take a screenshot of your DCS settings page so we can check the same. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 8 months later...