Anyone interested in forming a training squadron?

SunDown

I'm in the same boat. I'm a western user so I don't have a copy of BS. Just want a place to meet and learn the systems. Formalize some of the training. Nothing hardcore, I just think it would be a lot more enjoyable to learn this beast with a group.

I'm not really focused on destroying enemy convoys on the first day, rather just take a real world approach to learning this helicopter.

I can slap a site together just for meeting and sharing info. Once i get it done I'll post the link.

I wouldn't giving it a shot.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

we could even do a prelim discussion with the release of the demo. Discuss various techniques that are helpful to the many flight tasks assigned to the ka-50. Downloading the Russian version here in the west looks like a circus show. English English English. Had I known about dcs I would have taken Russian and not french immersion. Working flux capacitor anyone! Actually maybe I'll flux capacitate to when bs is released in the west. That would male more sense.

;)

Gentlemen. I just created a new social group in the forum called Ground Troops Aviation Training Center. I think we could use that as our meeting center to exchange information and setup training.

http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=19

The name comes from this article I found where they train real world KA-50 pilots

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/torzhok.htm

• Like 1

That's the way to go SunDown :thumbup: A lot of the russian guys skipped the systems learning part and are bringing it all the well known Lock On airquake. However, there are a lot of them with the same attitude about learning and understanding before shooting.

I would suggest the following approach:

Step 1: Watch the training tracks and Wags' Producer's Notes- MANY times.

Step 2: If you don't understand something- back it up with the flight manual and the key commands card.

Step 3: Learn how to fly it manualy which means to get used to the force trim system. After you're confident you can take-off from a FARP and land on the very same helipad after flying around- move to the combat.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

How could i miss this thread? :)

Im interested when i get my copy indeed. Im GMT+1 but have the luxury of being able to choose my hours (almost anyway). So i will get time when you got time for sure. Training squadron is exactlly what i was looking for. :)

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I think this is a fantastic idea and should get as much support as possible. I don't think any of us are under the illusion that this will be a simple sim to learn. I don't know much about the Ka-50 yet, but I would gladly help anyone else who had questions... count me in! :pilotfly:

I think we are getting some forward cyclic on this thread. Remember to join the Ground Troops Avaition Center social group on this forum. We are going to use that to get our training together. Especially when the English manual comes out. Once the sim is released to the west, we'll get training flights together and get down and dirty with the systems, weapons, and tactics.

http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=19