Angle of attack in the HUD

ralch

It's hard to max perform the F-16 currently in DCS World, probably because it is too sensitive to the angle of attack.   Real pilots can feel the jet and react accordingly but in DCS we need mostly to rely on the instruments.   

Please Consider adding the angle of attack in the HUD in the same way than the F-18C, at least as an special option for the F-16.  That would help a lot in DCS world.

Having to look down to see when you are exceeding the 15o yellow/green/red stripes is very distracting.   The angle of attack lights in the left of the HUD are just fine for landing but they don't help you in a dogfight because you don't know exactly when you are going to exceed the limit.

You can bring up the info bar in the cockpit With L Ctrl Y to see the AoA for any aircraft.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I find the indexer lights work just fine. In a dogfight you should be concentrated more on your airspeed to maintain corner.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Hi!

Pilots feels the Gs but not AoA (except maybe thought an indirect effect which is turbulent airflow that you can hear in game).

Besides, one can perfectly read the AoA in the HUD. It is the angle between gun cross and FPM.

Regards.

Edited by Dee-Jay
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

Pilots feels the Gs but not AoA (except maybe thought an indirect effect which is turbulent airflow that you can hear in game).
Besides, one can perfectly read the AoA in the HUD. It is the angle between gun cross and FPM.

Regards.

Huh, I was wondering if the 16 had a waterline reference point like the Hornet. (Top of the IAS and altitude boxes)

Good to know

Mobius708