Zombie Planes

Sirchuzzalot

Hey I have a longstanding issue with DCS WWII.  

I'm not sure if the problem is to do with Liberation or DCS WWII itself. 

A lot of tmes when I get multiple hits on planes in a dog fight they turn over on to their belly and keep on flying indefinitely - even if their engine has stopped.  They will hold attitude and speed and just fly upside down right across the map with no engine and riddled with holes.

This only happens with WWII - has anyone else come across this? 

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1

Yeah ... It's just they keep flying forever with no engine. 

It has been happening to me for such a long time and I've just hoped a patch wil fix it at some point.   It's not even uncommon - usually at least once per battle

It's annoying because you get some really good hits on these enemy planes and you think they're going down (sometimes even in flames or when you blow their radiator) then they just do this. So you don't get the kill.

5 hours ago, Sirchuzzalot said:

image.pngAnother example from tonight.  Flying around like this for 10 min and counting.  Doesn't drop altitude.  Air speed goes from 110 - 120.

When I reported this many months ago, I got reply that this is normal and IA was just going RTB. 😀 😀 😀 Or emergency landing that is.

Edited by Silent Film

• 5 months later...

I see this frequently with Spitfires. I can make the crash if I do a good job, but it's difficult because they are so slow in this mode. Very little time for getting a good aim.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5