2.7.6.13133 OB, Mossie engines die no matter what

SmirkingGerbil
Go to solution Solved by Oblit03,

Load up any free flight, or Mossie mission. Engines die no matter what I try to do to avoid it, almost immediately. All was fine prior to this update. Throttles, pitch etc. mapped to TM HOTAS and stick. Thinking a "problem", and not a bug. Possibly a new mapping interfering? Any help would be appreciated, can't fly my bird. Tried re-mapping, checked Axis controls etc.

Trk file attached, happens immediately after mission start. Did I miss something in the change log?

Tried instant missions with my P-47 which has similar HOTAS mappings, and all is well with engine management. Any Mossie mission, you get that chugging and stuttering on near full throttle, and one or the other engine will die quickly.

Video coming soon - apologies for all the background noise. Had mic on, you get to hear my chair squeaking! 😆

Comment will take you to engine failure at 1:09 - engines always drop in RPM on mission start, even with throttles full forward, can see this at beginning of vid. Happens on any mission.

MossieEngineshutdown.trk

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
added notes, removed vid

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

Your prop feathering for both left/right is activating on mission start. They're probably mapped to switches on your throttle base, and you have them switched on. 

Thank you sir! That was it!

Not sure how that happened - I did not explicitly map those yet prior to latest OB. OR, I had, and prior to OB the logic wasn't working or was reversed.

Prior to start, I set the switches to neutral, and viola! Fly my bird!

Much appreciated. Silver lining, at least now I have functionally mapped feathering on my HOTAS!

Not a bug - a problem then.

Moderator can delete or move post, sorry for bother.

8 hours ago, Oblit03 said:

Video and track show feathering buttons (Top right red buttons) activated on mission start. Inverted button state on HOTAS?

Thank you, same reasons as mentioned for @Nealius

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).