Non-Directional Beacon List?

No1sonuk

Does anyone have a searchable list of the NDBs in the Caucasus map?

I'm in the Mosquito, and have come across one around 350KHz with the identifier "AL".
The only "AL" I've been able to find by Google are in the USA and way on the other side of Russia - both outside the area of the map.

Any ideas where it is?

There's two "AL" NDBs in Caucasus. One of them is the "Ali" NDB (353 kHz) at N42.096021°, E43.644701° in Georgia. The other one is the "Alushta" NDB (384 kHz) on Crimea at N44.674908°, E34.398325°. You can access a list of all beacons in a map in the mission editor by going to "View > BEACON INFO" at the top. Use the filters to select the types you're looking for.

• Thanks 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

1 hour ago, Recoil16 said:

There's two "AL" NDBs in Caucasus. One of them is the "Ali" NDB (353 kHz) at N42.096021°, E43.644701° in Georgia. 

We have a winner! Sort of...
That location got me close enough, and it's on the rough path the RDF gave me.
BUT, it's definitely "AL", not "ALI".  And I found it on the DCS map.

NDB_AL.png

9 minutes ago, No1sonuk said:

BUT, it's definitely "AL", not "ALI".

"Ali" is the name of the NDB, "AL" the ident. Just like the VORTAC with ident "UNZ" is named the "Nimitz" VORTAC. Navaids usually have a name, besides their ident.

Edited by Recoil16
  • Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord