Can I get better VR Headset performance by lowering the resolution on my monitor?

WS

I have an Odyssey VR headset and a Dell 2K monitor I run concurrently.

If I reduce the monitor resolution, would that decrease the load on the Nvidia graphics card enough to get better VR headset performance?

I have an Odyssey VR headset and a Dell 2K monitor I run concurrently.

If I reduce the monitor resolution, would that decrease the load on the Nvidia graphics card enough to get better VR headset performance?

Nope, it's just mirroring your headset.

Send from my Poco F2

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

That's a No Go.  As Bobik2002 stated it is simp0ly a reprojection of one eye to your monitor.

• Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I have always wondered that too. If I were to connect my monitor/120Hz as a hdmi as slower hz input and just use the display port for the G2. 

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020