Has the Mistral Missile been nerfed?

Silversmith

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the mistral is broken, 50% it can detect the heat of the planes and 50% it can't.
I detected the problem right after this update DCS 2.7.6.12852 Open Beta - 17.09.2021

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, bies said:

What means "nerfed"?

To "nerf" something means to reduce its 'power' or effectiveness within the game ... a term used mostly by teens playing First Person shooters 🙂

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

To "nerf" something means to reduce its 'power' or effectiveness within the game ... a term used mostly by teens playing First Person shooters 🙂

Damn, good to know, you know DCS became a mainstream when you see the terms like that🤦‍♂️

So my answer is: nothing in DCS has been "nerfed" because it's a simulator, every time effectiveness of some system has been increased or reduced it's because the developers managed to obtain or process more data and change the system to work closer to the real counterpart. As simple as that.

Edited by bies

3 minutes ago, bies said:

So my answer is: nothing in DCS has been "nerfed" because it's a simulator, every time effectiveness of some system has been increased or reduced it's because the developers managed to obtain or process more data and change the system to work closer to the real counterpart. As simple as that.

Not always, sometimes the developers nerf things for game-balance purposes (yes, this is a Sim, but also a Game, and the multiplayer crowd cares a lot about game-balance .. pity that real life pilots can't ask for that when they go to war 😇

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not always, sometimes the developers nerf things for game-balance purposes (yes, this is a Sim, but also a Game, and the multiplayer crowd cares a lot about game-balance .. pity that real life pilots can't ask for that when they go to war 😇

I guess MiG-21bis nuclear bomb isn't as strong as IRL.

When i was used as the target for mistral tests at Cazaux military tests center.(France,south west)
Was piloting an Alouette 2(astazou) and did it for one month every day during 4 hours.
The most of time the missile heat seeking was unable to find my aircraft (between 2000 and 3000 meters of distance).
I had to turn back  and show my back ,thus the turbine exhaust forwarding directly front of missile(around 600° )to make this stuff working.
The missile was so weak in heat seeker  that all the ingeniers crews decided after a while where the goal of specifications was unable to be reached.
To leave the missile as "good to serve"with only 40% of hit on targets.
Maybe the devs did want reproduce this stuff with something too accurate.
The result is that the players encounter the same thing than me at this time passed.
It is funny i think.😆
Good game

Edited by cromhunt
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, cromhunt said:

When i was used as the target for mistral tests at Cazaux military tests center.(France,south west)
Was piloting an Alouette 2(astazou) and did it for one month every day during 4 hours.
The most of time the missile heat seeking was unable to find my aircraft (between 2000 and 3000 meters of distance).
I had to turn back  and show my back ,thus the turbine exhaust forwarding directly front of missile(around 600° )to make this stuff working.
The missile was so weak in heat seeker  that all the ingeniers crews decided after a while where the goal of specifications was unable to be reached.
To leave the missile as "good to serve"with only 40% of hit on targets.
Maybe the devs did want reproduce this stuff with something too accurate.
The result is that the players encounter the same thing than me at this time passed.
It is funny i think.😆
Good game

I don't care for nerfed. I only care for ACCURATE.

If it is rubbish IRL, then so be it.

I don't believe specs though as the side that uses them has reason to over-state their capability.

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Not always, sometimes the developers nerf things for game-balance purposes (yes, this is a Sim, but also a Game, and the multiplayer crowd cares a lot about game-balance .. pity that real life pilots can't ask for that when they go to war 
And sometimes you are just encountering a bug, caused by other changes in this ever evolving sim.

In this case and if only happens in MP, this could be one.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk