Viper Gear Woes?

Hello all,

I am writing to see if anyone else has had experience with Viper Gear's Throttle Quadrant sensor for the Cougar. I have tried 3 different sensors and none of them will work for me. The first was DOA with a short, the second does not see the full range and the 3rd is just wildly inconsistent. I manage to get the second one to work by using only manual calibration but when I use it in sim it is FAR from smooth. The throttle moves in increments. I tried shrugging it off, until I realized my Mad Cats X-55 works WAY smoother than the Hal sensor "upgrade" I purchased. I actually feel the stock Cougar throttle is smoother as well.  None of the sensors I have are consistent, they even function differently when you trade one pairs magnet for the other. Sadly I cannot even get any sensor to be flyable anymore.

Its not my intent to bad mouth Viper Gear, in fact to their credit they were VERY responsive and sent the replacements quickly. That is of course, until the last few weeks where they seem to have fallen off the planet.

Can anyone way in on this? I have been working my butt off in between work for the last month and a half, and I am at the point of saying they are just faulty sensors. I have already checked and I have the LATER VERSION BOARD, so I should be fine. I was also going to get the FSSB that they have over Real Simulators, but honestly I am having doubts now since I cannot even get a single Hal sensor to function properly from them. My stock pot currently works fine.

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

Hello all,

I am writing to see if anyone else has had experience with Viper Gear's Throttle Quadrant sensor for the Cougar. I have tried 3 different sensors and none of them will work for me. The first was DOA with a short, the second does not see the full range and the 3rd is just wildly inconsistent. I manage to get the second one to work by using only manual calibration but when I use it in sim it is FAR from smooth. The throttle moves in increments. I tried shrugging it off, until I realized my Mad Cats X-55 works WAY smoother than the Hal sensor "upgrade" I purchased. I actually feel the stock Cougar throttle is smoother as well.  None of the sensors I have are consistent, they even function differently when you trade one pairs magnet for the other. Sadly I cannot even get any sensor to be flyable anymore.

Its not my intent to bad mouth Viper Gear, in fact to their credit they were VERY responsive and sent the replacements quickly. That is of course, until the last few weeks where they seem to have fallen off the planet.

Can anyone way in on this? I have been working my butt off in between work for the last month and a half, and I am at the point of saying they are just faulty sensors. I have already checked and I have the LATER VERSION BOARD, so I should be fine. I was also going to get the FSSB that they have over Real Simulators, but honestly I am having doubts now since I cannot even get a single Hal sensor to function properly from them. My stock pot currently works fine.

Thanks
Fang
I use rel4y's Cougar TQS upgrade. Easy to install and set up. No issues ever. As smooth as it can get.
He's even making a force sensor upgrade for the stick. Perfect match!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I use rel4y's Cougar TQS upgrade. Easy to install and set up. No issues ever. As smooth as it can get.
He's even making a force sensor upgrade for the stick. Perfect match! emoji1.png

I actually tried to get in touch with Rel4ys before I got the Viper Gear. Do you know how to get in touch by chance?

Thanks!

I actually tried to get in touch with Rel4ys before I got the Viper Gear. Do you know how to get in touch by chance?

Thanks!
PM or email. Info is in top of his thread. I believe he posted not so long ago about his current stock.

• Like 1