How to get the DCS cursor working using the Reverb G2?

RTS354

Have you ticked the setting in options, vr to use mouse?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

did you set it in Windows to use Win + Y key? in settings under mixed reality?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

the default setting is Automatic mode. not sure why you do not have a mouse. sorry can;t be more of assistance.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Thanks for the tips. I finally got it to work. I had to set the DCS VR mode to restrict the mouse cursor to DCS windows and switch the Mixed reality mode from "Automatically switch using headset sensor" to "Manually switch using Windows Logo key + Y".  For some reason, the mix reality screen was telling me that I could switch by pressing the Win + Y keys, but it was not setup in the settings to do this?

Anyway, I also found another issue with the Reverb G2, in that you MUST make sure that your area is well lid, or the tracking becomes jittery. So normally I do not have my desk lamp on, but to use the reverb G2, I will now have to ensure that my play area is well lid, or tracking suffers.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

My G2 does need much light at all.  Total darkness won't do it of course (like most other headsets I believe) but there is no need for floodlights either.

BTW, I do not tick the 'vr to use mouse'.  This way you get a dot where you are looking and can use this as your pointer and then use mous clicks or wheel to perform an operation on what you are looking at.  More immersive and natural to me but personal preference.

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

BTW, I do not tick the 'vr to use mouse'.  This way you get a dot where you are looking and can use this as your pointer and then use mous clicks or wheel to perform an operation on what you are looking at.  More immersive and natural to me but personal preference.

My only issue with that is the dot is visible all the time. With it ticked you can still use your head to move the mouse cursor. I have the mouse clicks and wheel mapped to my Hotas (and button box) so I just click a button or rotate a rotary to bring up the cursor and look and click. Then the cursor disappears after a short time out. Just personal preference.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat