A-10A Problem with HUD - the projector(?) too large and blocking view

glynd02

Hi all just wondering if there is way to fix the HUD view in the A-10A please? The HUD projector (I think? Highlighted in red in the picture below) is blocking the view. If I try to shift my view down it blocks the tape etc.

A-10 hud view.png

Any ideas please? Can it be removed?

I have installed the Sever.lua and SnapViews.lua latest versions from Firmek from this post and that hasn't helped

Many thanks in advance

Err thanks Draconus - tried the "hold middle mouse button down" to move my head and now it feels like I got my face pressed up against the glass!

Which bit of the default view from the SnapViews.lua do I need to change please? Is it this file that sets your default view?

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle        = 90.000000,--DEFAULT FOV
        hAngle            = 0.000000,
        vAngle            = 0.000000,
        x_trans            = 0.360000,
        y_trans            = -0.041337,
        z_trans            = 0.000000,
        rollAngle        = 0.000000,
        cockpit_version    = 0,

The view in the A-10A in FC2 was fine, so basically if I can do that I would be a happy chappie 🙂

Cheers

Edited by glynd02

Thanks RandomToten - going to try to go digging about my FC2 install to see if I can find the same view settings as the A-10A in that. 

Wish there was a way to remove the camera object from the cockpit model but I have no idea about how to do that...

Cheers

But why? It's part of the real cockpit. With 6DOF view you just move your head slightly around anything. You can remove everything and fly with HUD only view if you wish.

What you try to achieve is easily done with camera move keys. Save the snapview position and use Enter any time you start a mission.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria