SAT view: land or water turns black at certain zoom.

Nealius

Mods removed, ran a repair, it still happens on certain missions. 

On "Sandbox Afternoon" I get the black land when zoomed out, and black water when zoomed in. Change the mission date to February and the bug disappears. I have 9 missions that exhibit this behavior. 

When I create a new mission, the bug does not appear.

I checked older missions on all other maps, and it only appears on the Channel. With exception to Normandy, where the same issue appears on the extreme left end of the map.

Sandbox Afternoon.miz

Edited by Nealius

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Can the both of you reproduce the issue then attach your dcs.log file, please?

( Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/dcs.log )

I attached the logs and miz files. On "Sandbox Afternoon" the terrain is black when zoomed out, and the water is black when zoomed in. On "Sandbox Winter," which is exactly the same mission set in winter, the bug does not appear. 

Sandbox WInter NoBug.log Sandbox Afternoon Bug.log Sandbox Afternoon.miz Sandbox Winter.miz

• Thanks 1

The only difference I see between your two log files are this message:

2021-10-07 02:09:47.626 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'spitfireix_wheel_spec' not found. Asked from ''

However, I have it in my log file as well, yet I don't experience this black sea/land bug.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I can repro the bug as well.

Not realizing that this is only a problem in the channel map, but not in other maps, I posted this in the wrong forum thread: 

In that post I have included a screenshot of my settings.

Interestingly this works correctly in Stable 2.7.5, so until it is fixed we can still use the channel map from Stable 2.7.5 (if we have enough HD space, and as long as we don't upgrade our stable installation).

I also tried to create a new mission in OpenBeta 2.7.6, but this didn't help - the terrain was still dark outside of a circle around my current position. I haven't tried the winter map yet.

• 3 weeks later...