StreamDeck XL - Question on releasing a Profile

Hi Fellow Pilots,

I have been extensively using the interface for StreamDeck that Charles Tytler wrote, to configure my XL unit for the F/A-18C. Granted it is all been for the way my little brain works and obviously 100% personalised for my use. 

I apologise for asking these questions, but I have medical memory issues and forget easily

Seen as I have put so much effort in to this, I thought I would release to all the fellow pilots out there. Before I do though, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions;

1. Do I need to release the customized F/A-18C lua I am using?

2. Do I need to release the clickable data, or is that standard for everyone?

3. Do I just need to release the profile itself with some support documentation, or is there other StreamDeck stuff I need to add?

4. I will obviously credit those others where I have reused the odd icon here or there from other profiles I have downloaded, and will also make available every icon sheet that I have created in Adobe Illustrator *.ai, *.psd *.png

99% of what is contained below is based upon direct interface, rather than keystrokes or combinations of keys, so there is virtually no keys that need to be mapped in DCS itself

Here are the screenshots of the profile screens I have created and using, and what I intend to release;

TC-SDXL-Main-Screen-01.png

TC-SDXL-IFEI-and-Fuel-01.png

TC-SDXL-Left-MFD-01.png

TC-SDXL-AMPCD-01.png

TC-SDXL-Right-MFD-01.png

TC-SDXL-Sensor-Suite-01.png

TC-SDXL-View-Options-01.png

TC-SDXL-Heads-Up-Display-01.png

TC-SDXL-Comms-Menu-01.png

TC-SDXL-Auxiliary-Controls-01.png

TC-SDXL-Volumes-and-Lights-01.png

TC-SDXL-Start-Up-01.png

TC-SDXL-Take-Off-Landing-01.png

TC-SDXL-System-Status-Summary-01.png

TC-SDXL-Jettison-Stores-Weapons-01.png

TC-SDXL-Shut-Down-01.png

As I stated above, almost all the buttons and gauges etc are utilising the direct interface, and not keyboard strokes, so little to no remapping of keys is required to make it functional

If someone who could help me with the answers, then I can get this released tomorrow hopefully

Thank you

Toni

aka Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Toni Carrera  Those look great!  I have my own set I created for the hornet.  I would love to share them with you if you would share yours with me to see if there is anything I could incorporate into mine.  Are you willing to share?

I was thinking about posting all of my .StreamDeckProfiles on the Downloads/User Files.  However, I am not sure what the legal terms are, so I have not done it.  Like you, I started with what was available and modified them to my liking.  However, I did create a ton of new icons.

Hi  @Chewmann,

I did release it finally, but would be interested in taking a look at your profile

You can find mine at:- https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319825/

Feel free to link to yours here, or you are more than welcome to E-Mail me on dcsuserfiles@trsc.uk

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 7 months later...

Ok resurrecting a dead (kinda?) thread but I'm a dummy - however if I'm a little confused I'm sure others are in the same boat.  First off Toni, this profile is ridiculously awesome - I've been a DCS user since day 1 - yep back in the lomac days all that stuff...nevermind falcon 4, falcon MC (mac color for those that don't remember) - I digress separate discussion topics for sure. I recently got back into flying the hornet after spending time in the Viper, and Apache...with all that said..

What are the correct apps needed to get the Streamdeck profile working? DCS-BIOS appears to have forked, and I *think* I should be using the non-hub version here - https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases

So install DCS BIOS at link above, then follow the install instructions for the DCS Export Scripts here - https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts 

Then it should be a matter of using ctyler's streamdeck app plus this hornet profile and wala, right? links are https://github.com/enertial/streamdeck-dcs-interface here and the install video here - 

Am I missing something? I've tried to get this running (I think I was using the DCS-BIOS 'hub' version here https://dcs-bios.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html which i think may be causing some of my challenges?) Thanks everyone!!

Edited by automag928