what happens with the anti ship missiles? C-802Ak

Japo32

I am trying to do the training of the anti ship missiles and none of them impact against the ship. All follow the 30 waypoint but in CC or EFF mode almost always (maybe there is one that tracks the ship and impact) all the missiles pass the ships some meters above it. 

I tried also with EFF mode as said, but with the tutorial options I have same problem.

I send the track that is with the EFF mode both of the missiles. The second one I deactivatedt the active pause in case that had something to do but the result was the same (I had some problems trimming down the plane. Don't know why).

Training-09-Anti-ship Missile.miz_28092021_02-23.zip

• Like 1

I'm also having this issue in both the training and also Rudel-CHW's training mission. I was about to try making my own just to see if it's something weird or just user error.... 

I don't have track files because mine are disabled, but I'll attach several tacviews showing the same thing OP described. I tried both CC and EFF modes as well, I'm NOT sure if this impacts more than just a DIR launch, I didn't try the others but kind of gave up assuming something was broken. I looked at the quick guide, Chucks guide and at least one non Grim Reaper video on it and can't figure out what I was doing wrong. I guess if someone else's reporting it, it might not just be me. 

Setups

DIR mode

TP used as briefed

CC/EFF modes both tried

Variety of sea/skim/popup/skim options tried, none seem to work. 

JF-17 Anti ship missile.zip

• Like 2

Ok... today I have been testing in the  mission from Rudel... It seems that if you choose small target the missiles will fly away... but if you choose medium they will track and impact. 

Didn't see the notes of the previous beta patch: 

• Known issue: C802AK cannot acquire targets (working with ED on the fix)

Maybe it is the size of the targets?

Edited by Japo32
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 12:07 PM, paco2002 said:

The issue the missile is presenting now is much worse, it cannot be launched, they despawn (Check trk)

fixed in next hotfix update

but if 802ak cannot acquire target, disappearing ahead should save your time waiting for its missing the target 😉

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I can't hit a thing with these no matter how big the target and how clear the background is the missiles will just not hit anything.  I have included the track file of me trying to hit the big cargo ship with a couple of them - just flew right on by!!

And here is a video of that same same mission

miss_802ak .trk

• Like 1

As noted, now the C-802AK doesn't disappear when launched, but like others are experiencing, it isn't acquiring targets. So far I've just been testing in DIR mode, using the HUD, TPOD and AG Radar to lock targets within 10, 20, and >20 miles (respectively), using both EFF and CC search modes.  From observing, it appears the missile is going to the spot where the ship was first locked prior to launch, and not using the radar to acquire the target ship.

Bought Jeff last week, I'm an unhappy customer. I love naval war and saw the Jeff like a decent antiship unit, the only advanced Red against Blue ships. Nosense, is imposible to get C802 acquiring any target. 

After more than 40 launchs in all modes and distances only got ONE impact. That's a pitty for a good module in other aspects. 

Hope Dekka will repair it or return muy money. They sell antiship capabilties, but I can't use It for my naval missions.

2 hours ago, JorgeB2 said:

Bought Jeff last week, I'm an unhappy customer. I love naval war and saw the Jeff like a decent antiship unit, the only advanced Red against Blue ships. Nosense, is imposible to get C802 acquiring any target. 

After more than 40 launchs in all modes and distances only got ONE impact. That's a pitty for a good module in other aspects. 

Hope Dekka will repair it or return muy money. They sell antiship capabilties, but I can't use It for my naval missions.

The missile is broken by ED, claim ED for the fix or ask for the money if you can't wait a couple of weeks

2 hours ago, JorgeB2 said:

Sure is ED? Because C802 uses part of the Harpoon code?

Yes, because the C802 worked when the JF-17 was first released and Deka had control of it's implementation.

AFAIK, ED now control the weapon coding and third parties are reliant on ED to test their changes and work with them when making changes.

The C802 relies on core DCS functions (NOT Harpoon code), when ED change/tweak these core functions for for their own weapons i.e. the Harpoon, Walleye, IR Maverick, etc., the change *can* break the function of 3rd party weapons.

When things break or get missed I'm sure ED and their partners want it quickly resolved, however ED's priorities/resources don't always align and we need to be patient.

While we can speculate, don't expect ED or Deka to attribute blame, as that is not how professional companies conduct business.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SebastianR said:

The only way to hit a target is set TGT to "MED". "SML" and "LAR" don't work

MED works? and works for any size target?

update:

interesting, med for ivanov cargo, and large for perry

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

14 hours ago, uboats said:

MED works? and works for any size target?

update:

interesting, med for ivanov cargo, and large for perry

I take it TGT Size isn't actually implemented yet and this is just a weird bug?

Or maybe ED shadow updated the scheme to try and incorporate TGT Size setting?