How are the radio and the navigation system simulated?

IDontLikeBigbrother

I'm still thinking about buying this module, this new long range radio system and navigation can be a really new and interesting feature! the previous ww2 module is really similar, you have some guns, and a gunsight, engine, some bombs, and nomatter it's 190 109 or p51, it is pretty similar.

But this radio system add some new things, so how are the simulated?

• Thanks 1

I'm still thinking about buying this module, this new long range radio system and navigation can be a really new and interesting feature! the previous ww2 module is really similar, you have some guns, and a gunsight, engine, some bombs, and nomatter it's 190 109 or p51, it is pretty similar.
But this radio system add some new things, so how are the simulated?
There is literally a thread below which describes how the radio works.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I made a simple mission where you tune to a radio tower and use the direction finding to home in. As you get closer it switches from music to Hitler giving a broadcast. When you bomb the tower or buildings attached it cuts the broadcast. It’s an homage to the raid by Mossies that shut Goering up. You can then tune to other frequencies that are pumping out morse code and fly home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, Dusty44 said:

I made a simple mission where you tune to a radio tower and use the direction finding to home in. As you get closer it switches from music to Hitler giving a broadcast. When you bomb the tower or buildings attached it cuts the broadcast. It’s an homage to the raid by Mossies that shut Goering up. You can then tune to other frequencies that are pumping out morse code and fly home.

That sounds amazing! Are you willing to share this mission? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:13 AM, Dusty44 said:

How do you keep the aircraft upright while adjusting knobs and stuff on the radio?.

I can't.

(Without using active pause which screws up the relative positions of other aircraft in a mission).

6 minutes ago, Terry Dactil said:

How do you keep the aircraft upright while adjusting knobs and stuff on the radio?.

I can't.

(Without using active pause which screws up the relative positions of other aircraft in a mission).

Trim......and lots of it,lol

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

On 11/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, Terry Dactil said:

I can't.

In that Mission I simply tune to the radio on the ground. Tuning the return leg beacon is tricky as a lone wolf crew but it can be done as you still have partial control of the plane even in the Nav seat.

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

8 hours ago, Dusty44 said:

In that Mission I simply tune to the radio on the ground. Tuning the return leg beacon is tricky as a lone wolf crew but it can be done as you still have partial control of the plane even in the Nav seat.

Sure, I agree that it is possible.

I think the point being made though is that any realism gets completely lost. Another poster made the point that if there was a tail gunner position you would not expect to have to fly the aircraft as well as shooting.

7 hours ago, Dusty44 said:

Excellent, thank you! 

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 9 months later...

wow, this is the kind of mission I'd like to play through with a friend in Multi-crew.  Does anyone know how I can set up two PCs in a LAN for multi-crew functionality in the Mossie?  I will open a new DCS account and buy the module twice if I know how link it up.  

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

What we could really do with is an AI Navigator.  Maybe we call him Peter.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What we could really do with is an AI Navigator.  Maybe we call him Peter.

My navigator's name is Nigel.  🙂

If I ask him politely using VoiceAttack he will select fuel tanks, feather/fire extinguish an engine, or make selections on the bomb arming pane.

He will even turn on the radios if asked, but I need to move over into his seat to do the fine tuning. He will, however, turn the radio volume up or down if asked. Also he will read checklists on request. I can highly recommend VoiceAttack for this and lots of other things, particularly in VR where you can completely eliminate using a keyboard.

• Like 2

Wow,  this was a very entertaining mission!  How high must I release bombs so I don't get hit by the back blast? Lol

Delayed action bombs are now available. You can set them in old missions using the Mission Editor before starting, or in-game with the ground crew rearm and refuel commands.

(Recommended is to use 500 lb MC short tail bombs, Tail Pistol 30 mk3 fuses with 11 second delay. A forum search will give more details).

On 8/18/2022 at 12:40 AM, Terry Dactil said:

Delayed action bombs are now available. You can set them in old missions using the Mission Editor before starting, or in-game with the ground crew rearm and refuel commands.

(Recommended is to use 500 lb MC short tail bombs, Tail Pistol 30 mk3 fuses with 11 second delay. A forum search will give more details).

How do I set them in the Mission Editor? or what am I doing wrong?

https://rumble.com/v1gxou7-dcs-de-havilland-dh.98-mk.-vi-mosquito-delayed-fuse-bombs.html

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

On 8/18/2022 at 7:40 AM, Terry Dactil said:

Terry, I would reccommend using nose fuses. Some testing shows that nose fused allow for drops at lower altitude. I use 1 second nose fuses which allow from successful drops at 30-50ft 270 mph without bombing myself. Tail fused bombs don't arm at this altitude.

I use 1 second nose fuses which allow from successful drops at 30-50ft 270 mph without bombing myself. Tail fused bombs don't arm at this altitude.

Yes. I agree with you.

I was quoting from a video that was first on the scene explaining how to set the fusing. I thought 11 seconds delay was a bit excessive for what we needed with the Mosquito at low level, but I thought it may have had something to do with the options available for the arming revolutions.

I thought we would need about a 3 seconds delay, but since you can survive with only a 1 second delay I'm all for that now!

(Although 270mph for 1 second gets you only 396 feet away from the explosion. Seems a bit too too bloody close for me ☹️ )