Throttle animation/sound

Dannyvandelft

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could add a similar animation and sound to the throttle levers like the F-16 has.

In the Viper, when you're about to engage AB, you see the lever tilt slightly to go over the detent and make a click sound. That makes it super easy to select MIL power if you don't have physical detents on your throttle quadrant.

In the Tomcat, if I'm not mistaken, the pilot had to push the throttles left and then forward to engage AB. could you add that animation, and add a similar click noise from pushing the throttles against the AB detent? I listen for the click in the Viper and you hit MIL perfectly each time.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Those clicks when going over the AB detent could be useful indeed! 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

My sound settings need reevaluation! 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 10/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, Q3ark said:

Have a look to see if you have the “hear like in helmet” sound checked, maybe it’s filtering it out? 

This option does not filter anything out. Can only sound a bit different (muffled) and less loud.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

This option does not filter anything out. Can only sound a bit different (muffled) and less loud.

What it does above all is cripple sounds as it cuts off ranges in certain ranges. We always advise against using it. IMHO it is a setting that should not exist. If you use it, we cannot guarantee for the sounds to work as intended unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

8 hours ago, IronMike said:

What it does above all is cripple sounds as it cuts off ranges in certain ranges. We always advise against using it. IMHO it is a setting that should not exist. If you use it, we cannot guarantee for the sounds to work as intended unfortunately.

We already had this discussion. I would gladly use HB's version of "in-helmet" sounds but there is none. I patiently await the time when you fix/move the sounds to the right channels so they work properly with buttons/switches sounds audio slider in DCS.

I have never had any problem by using the option - only the benefit of better and more realistic hearing of how would pilot hear with the helmet on.

The throttle detent sound is also heard no problem with this option on... which probably shouldn't be heard at all with running engines and ECS, but that's another story.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

3d-printed detents for my X56 plus the DCS detent calculator tool available on the forums has worked perfectly for what it's worth. The 3d printed parts have worn down but they give a physical stop, and the aforementioned tool help you adjust your curves so you'll be sitting right at MIL power without needing to use the AB gate key binding.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315617/

Definitely get in the thread and follow the directions, and you'll be set in no time.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]