Different Viper Blocks

Raviar

I'd love different variants, but probably not what you've got in mind (USAF F-16A Block 15, and the F-16CG Block 40 (pre-CCIP), the former would be the perfect counterpart to the 9-12 MiG-29 ED are looking at making).

For SDB you can keep the same block but your looking at a 2010s fit (M6.1 beginning circa 2011, at least according to this).

Sparrow is a F-16A Block 15 ADF thing (end of the Cold War ~1989, the regular F-16A Block 15 was much more numerous), maybe C Block 25 too, as well as at least Egyptian Peace Vector II/III/IV F-16CG/DG Block 40/42.

Harpoon is only on export aircraft AFAIK, with the AGM-84D Harpoon Block 1C on Egyptian F-16CG/DG Block 40/42, and ROKAF KF-16C/D Block 52s.

Unsure about MWS, only thing I've found so far is on Danish F-16AM/BM Block 20 MLU aircraft.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

F-16I / Sufa...'nuff said. Take my money! 😇

OIP (1).jpeg

• Like 1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

I would love to see some older style F-16AM MLU's used by a lot of European countries. Along with older USAF Block 40's with the LANTRIN system. Defo wouldn't mind those as small payed additions requiring the current Viper module as main source. Say like $10-$15 per version. then we could perhaps  even have some export versions in there like Israeli and Taiwanese ones.

BUT, ED really needs to properly finish their current modern modules like the A-10C II, F/A-18C and even our current Viper before even considering these kinds of options. they are struggeling enough already while trying to pump out more modules and leaving released ones in a FUBAR state

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the real missed opportunity would be to model a two-seat F-16. Simply making an F-16D Block 50 or even an export variant with a PW engine like the F-16D Block 52+ would take much less effort than making something like an F-16A or early F-16C, yet add a whole slew of new capabilities, especially an F-16D 52+: AN-APG-68(V9), internal ECM, CFT, WSO, LANTIRN, etc.

This would also be the first combat capable "trainer" in DCS. The only other two-seat fighter we have is the F-14, and it's not very well suited for teaching new pilots how to fly or taking people along for incentive rides since you can't really fly the F-14 as a single seater. A two-seat F-16 would allow new pilots to practice everything from takeoff and landing to A-A and SEAD together with someone experienced. Not to mention taking potential DCS customers along for an actual mission where you're not merely watching a youtube video, but you're actually there. You get to experience everything first hand and feel what it's actually like.

• Like 4

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I REALLY want to see other blocks in DCS, especially the Block 40/42 - for the wide HUD and LANTIRN, it's probably my favorite variant of the F-16. I don't think it will require too much information and resources to add a couple of other F-16C variants in the future. 

This would be very nice, especially since so many things got cancelled/removed/rejected for our current Block 50. 

But of course this should be done after the F-16C Bl.50 is mostly feature complete. Heatblur does this with their Tomcat, and my respect for ED will rise drastically if they do the same.

• Like 2

AV-8B | MiG-21 | F/A-18C | F-16C | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf

On 9/28/2021 at 5:35 PM, SpaceKraken said:

I REALLY want to see other blocks in DCS, especially the Block 40/42 - for the wide HUD and LANTIRN, it's probably my favorite variant of the F-16. I don't think it will require too much information and resources to add a couple of other F-16C variants in the future.

Yeah, I'd love a 40, though a pre-CCIP one. See this thread.

AFAIK:

• Identical airframe
  • Same DFLCS (only flight model difference should be slightly less thrust, and weight)
  • Near identical engine
  • Identical RWR
  • Identical RADAR
  • Pretty much all of the weapons it would have are already fully implemented (apart from the GBU-24A/B, only other weapons missing is the GBU-24/B [Mk84] and GBU-10J/B [BLU-109/B] AFAIK)
  • Basically identical cockpit (only difference would be the HUD, though it has basically the same symbology)

The main development hurdle would be LANTIRN (though the TGP of which already exists on the Tomcats, (though a slightly different version)).

Though I'll still maintain that a F-16A Block 15 would be the perfect BLUFOR contemporary to the 9-12 MiG-29.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:35 PM, SpaceKraken said:

But of course this should be done after the F-16C Bl.50 is mostly feature complete. Heatblur does this with their Tomcat, and my respect for ED will rise drastically if they do the same.

Agreed.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, SpaceKraken said:

Heat-blur does this with their Tomcat, and my respect for ED will rise drastically if they do the same.

And Heatblur had only one job...

• Like 2

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• 6 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 4:31 AM, Dawgboy said:

F-16I / Sufa...'nuff said. Take my money! 😇

OIP (1).jpeg

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

On 9/28/2021 at 8:14 AM, FoxOne007 said:

I would love to see some older style F-16AM MLU's used by a lot of European countries. Along with older USAF Block 40's with the LANTRIN system. Defo wouldn't mind those as small payed additions requiring the current Viper module as main source. Say like $10-$15 per version. then we could perhaps  even have some export versions in there like Israeli and Taiwanese ones.

BUT, ED really needs to properly finish their current modern modules like the A-10C II, F/A-18C and even our current Viper before even considering these kinds of options. they are struggeling enough already while trying to pump out more modules and leaving released ones in a FUBAR state

a ccip viper should be capable of still having backwards compatibility with Lantirn no?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

5 hours ago, Kev2go said:

a ccip viper should be capable of still having backwards compatibility with Lantirn no?

I honestly don’t know, but It being such a specific Block 40 thing makes me doubt that it is. But then again, who am I to know this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]