We need a "true" toggle water control option

River

We have a momentary and a toggle command to bind for water injection. 

Toggle only works when pressed after / together with the momentary. Only then it locks the toggle for water injection. 

Nobody has a on off switch on the throttle thumb area, so we need a true button toggle for water in the P 47.

Edited by River
  • Like 1

• River changed the title to We need a "true" toggle water control option
  • 2 months later...

I thought it could be done with the MIC hat on my throttle, but that switch cannot activate two contacts at the same time.

So I just bind the APU Start switch on my TM WH throttle to "Water injection". That switch stays in the ON position until I flick it back OFF, so I don't need the "Lock" toggle.
Not ideal, but it works.
I did try an addition to "default.lua" and that worked most of the time, but that wasn't good enough.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:13 AM, grafspee said:

I use speed brake switch, it moves forward and stays there 🙂

So, tell us what commands you program to your speed brake, please.

You need "E" (to depress the button for WI) and "ALT t" (to lock it there). 

How do you do it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

If you're using TARGET all you need is a simple sequence - first press holds the water injection button in; a second press releases it. No need to map a separate 'lock' command. But a dedicated toggle function would be preferable.

water gif.gif

Edited by Lixma 06

6 hours ago, chris455 said:

So, tell us what commands you program to your speed brake, please.

You need "E" (to depress the button for WI) and "ALT t" (to lock it there). 

How do you do it?

I use warthog throttle, there is a speed brake switch which has hardware toggle behavior, when i move that switch forward it locks in to position so i don't need to hold it, that's it

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

11 hours ago, grafspee said:

I use warthog throttle, there is a speed brake switch which has hardware toggle behavior, when i move that switch forward it locks in to position so i don't need to hold it, that's it

Are you using a script, or the GUI?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

^ No scripts, TARGET or any of that stuff required. You just go to control options and assign "Water injection button" command (NOT "water injection button toggle" command) to the forward position of that switch under thumb hat on the right throttle lever (it's button No. 7 If I recall correctly).

Then it works as needed out of the box - push it forward and it stays forward - WI enabled, push it back to neutral - WI turns off. Obviously, it's optimal only for those who asssign throttle to the right lever and boost to the left one.

Granted, users who don't own Warthog Throttle at all will have to find some other solution.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 8 months later...