Magnetic joystick base stopped working.

sniperpr1

Recently I had to order a new base, because the original one stopped working. Now the new magnetic base also had a sudden death. The cougar base, which had been working perfectly with my grips, now only works on moving the stick, but not any of the buttons. The only two different thing I have are a wiwing hotas orion throttle system and a "new" oculus rift s. I'd appreciate if someone had some insight into the problem.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, sniperpr1 said:

Recently I had to order a new base, because the original one stopped working. Now the new magnetic base also had a sudden death. The cougar base, which had been working perfectly with my grips, now only works on moving the stick, but not any of the buttons. The only two different thing I have are a wiwing hotas orion throttle system and a "new" oculus rift s. I'd appreciate if someone had some insight into the problem.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "stopped working" and "sudden death"... Does the device is recognized when you plug it ? Does it detect plug, but not the correct device ? Did you trying to mount the Cougar Grip on the magnetic base and vice-versa to see what happen ?

Edited by sedenion

When I go to Devices and Printers and go to Game Controller Settings of the Warthog joystick, no movement or button works, even though its recognized. The Cougar base is also recognized but the only function that works is the shaft movement. I tested first the Hornet grip, then the Warthog grip, and both in the Cougar base also. Sometimes it installs the firmware correctly, sometimes it doesn't. Totally random.

Ok... What do you mean by "it install the firmware correctly" ? You install what firmware into what device ?

Anyway, it appear you have a global USB problem, especially if everything is "random" as you describe. I would recommand the following:

• If you use an external USB Hub, avoid it, but if your don't, see end of the post.
  • Unplug all unnecesserray USB device from your computer and all Thrustmaster devices from your computer. 
  • Uninstall ALL Thrustmaster software and drivers then Reboot.
  • Download and install latest software and drivers for the Warthog from Thrustmaster website: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/
  • To plug your Warthog devices, avoid USB 3.0 (blue) ports and plug them to USB 2.0 (black) ports.
  • Update / Reupload Warthog devices firmware if needed (but, for warthog, do not do that everytime, once for all is enough)

If nothing work better at this stage, try to plug your Warthog devices to an USB Hub instead of directly to your computer.

Edited by sedenion

21 minutes ago, sniperpr1 said:

Well, nothing worked. I guess I lost all Thrustmaster controllers...

It's pretty strange that all your controllers fails or die like that, at this point, you better investigate the motherboard or computer power supply.
Last chance, try to plug your devices on another computer without drivers and check if they are anyway detected or not, and how, to ensure that devices are definitely dead.

Edited by sedenion

I also tried in my other computer and had the same results... so I guess it's my controls. The only difference in my first computer is that I installed the Winwing Orion throttle, but I uninstalled it to check whether there was any hardware conflict, but everything stayed the same.

1 hour ago, sniperpr1 said:

I also tried in my other computer and had the same results... so I guess it's my controls. The only difference in my first computer is that I installed the Winwing Orion throttle, but I uninstalled it to check whether there was any hardware conflict, but everything stayed the same.

Ok, so I think your main computer has some USB power problems which tend to be harmful for devices because it is not normal your controllers died like that. Check out the topic bellow, you may be found your morherboard and additional infos for repaire. At this stage, I have no more advice, you better discuss with people that had similar problems.