DCS AIRFIELD & FARP CONFIGURATION GUIDE and C2 TEST

Backy 51

I created the DCS AIRFIELD & FARP CONFIGURATION GUIDE and C2 TEST document to assist mission builders with FARP setup in their missions.

The DCS AIRFIELD & FARP CONFIGURATION GUIDE and C2 TEST tries to correlate the old mission editor unit nomenclature for FARP creation that is listed on page 313 in the 2.7.6 DCS User Manual and update it to the new 2.7.6.X "friendly unit" nomenclature changes that have been introduced into the mission editor.  I only tested the BLUFOR FARP units, using the AV-8B Harrier as a Player aircraft; but REDFOR FARP units should behave in a similar fashion. 

You can see the modularity of FARP configuration options as I attempt to clarify the FARP vehicle/unit components into five sections:  NAVAIDS, GROUND POWER, FUEL, ARM/DE-ARM, and Air Traffic Control.  I've color-coded these sections and included pictures of the unique assets that comprise the BLUFOR and REDFOR FARP configurations. The inclusion of the NAVAIDS section enhances the versatility of your FARP.  If you discover any errors, ommissions or new functionality please DM on the forums.  I'll update the matrix as warranted.  I hope you find this document useful.  Happy FARP landings to all!  Cheers!

DOWNLOAD LINK:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318569/

FARPP1.jpg

FARPP2.jpg

FARPP3.jpg

Edited by Backy 51
Reference page added
  • Thanks 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, RED said:

@Backy 51 Do you know what the limitations are on how close an enemy unit can be to block rearming at e.g. a FARP?

I do not.  I suspect control of the FARP would change from BLUE to RED once all BLUE coalition forces are destroyed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Backy 51 said:

I do not.  I suspect control of the FARP would change from BLUE to RED once all BLUE coalition forces are destroyed.

Copy. I tested with an enemy unit/static near the farp with all the farp units still intact. No rearm available.

Red,

On M.E., look for a black range ring line. Can't remember if it exists or not, but I bet there's a range radius in meters, (approx 150M), from the FARP that triggers the "loss of arming".  Or maybe, when two opposing units enter the radius zone all FARP activities cease until there is a victor?

Edited by Backy 51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]