CBU-105 Arming delay ?

Arekushi

There is Arming Delay (AD), but atm we can not change that one or some other options, some options can be set, it is under the CNLT page of the CBU-105 WCMD SMS Format page. No idea if option to set that is going to be added later on.

You can set its canister to auto open at lower altitude but that is going to decrease the spread of the bomblets.

• ED Team

Hi,

please add a short track replay showing this behaviour. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Arekushi said:

Hello,

Is there an arming delay applied on the CBU-105 already ? I tried to loft them and am pretty sure they opened their canisters because I released them too low. I believe this shouldn't happen ?

Regards,

The WCMD itself should have a fixed fuze setting of 2.87 sec but you may enter 0-99.99 sec into the SMS page and whatever you enter into the SMS page will be only used for HUD LOW cues, what is entered should not change anything about the bomb.

The burst altitude should change what altitude the the fuze activates, there should be 10 settings; 300, 500, 700, 900, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2200, 2600, and 3000ft, if a number entered is not one of thoes 10, it will choose the closest setting to what you entered into the SMS page. If this is implemented into DCS, im not sure, but thats how it should work.

Currently they will instantly deploy if you drop while below the burst height even in a lofting trajectory. I've experienced it a few times while playing with lofting them, but whether or not that is something that is supposed to happen is beyond my knowledge.

3 hours ago, Arekushi said:

Hello guys, thanks for the answers but it doesn't really answer my question. The question was more "If I set a burst height of 1500ft and release the bomb below it in a lofting trajectory will it open immediately or not ?"

@BIGNEWY I'll get a track done ASAP.

Cheers,

It has a barometric sensor that releases bomblets when below set altitude, so yea if you set the release altitude at 1500 and you release the bomb at 800 it will release those bomblets, with a delay of 2.87sec, as set in the CTLN page.

The SUU-64/65/66 dispenser has a radio proximity sensor for HOF but also a barometric verification that the bomb is descending before releasing. This prevents bursting during the upward phase of a loft. A dispenser which is below HOF at time of arm but climbing should inhibit bursting until both proximity and descending is sensed.

Sorry for slightly wrong info. FZU-39 doesn't have a barometric sensor as far as I can see but it does inhibit release when closure with ground is negative somehow (radar altimeter gate trend?). And it's SUU-64 for mines, -65 for non-battery submunitions, -66 for battery submunitions (SFW). I had written 64/66 before as if it was for 87/97 but it would be 64/65/66 for 89/87/97 (104/103/105 WCMD) respectively.

See: http://www.alliantaction.org/target/t1go/cluster/clusterlearn.html

Edited by Frederf
  • Thanks 4

• ED Team

Yes, this is our flaw. I wrote down the task of reworking the FZU-39 so that it would only works at decreasing altitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу