can anyone confirm the hover and HDG Ap modes aren't available yet?

Rongor

Well I know the limitations to obbey to get the green lights active on those buttons, but it doesn't really affect the flight attitude in any beneficial and constant way.

Anybody got this working?

I saw some yt videos and Chuck's guide, but it doesn't seem to work so far.

Same goes for alt/speed modes...

Work fine, same limits as Doppler system, +/-7 degrees pitch and +/-25 degrees roll, less the. 50kmh for hover mode

Yaw autopilot only holds heading if rudders are near center, route will only turn up to 15 degrees, all autopilots only have 18% stick authority 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

21 minutes ago, admiki said:

All four channels engaged, SPUU 52 engaged, trim set, stable straight and level flight. Before engaging any of higher modes check position of AP trim. Every channel has only 18% of authority.

yeah, well, exactly. And this doesn't work.

I suspect people believe it's working because they trim into an attitude stable enough to make them think the AP is doing it's job after activating the green AP button. In fact it doesn't change anything. They just interpret the ongoing flight path as managed by the AP while instead their trimming beforehand was just fine to gain this stability.

Use route/course mode and then after activation turn that little heading dial some degrees away. After this, observe how there won't be any change in any of the trim indicator panels. Because they don't care for the set course.

They work for me too but I'm a littttttle bit struggling with the hover mode, and then ok, well, it works eventually, but not just that easy like Ka-50's Hover Mode.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Never used either of them.

Airframe is so solid and stable, pitch and roll is all I use.

I probably need more hours on the Hind to appreciate the other APs.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

19 hours ago, IronChancellor said:

If the DISS-15 doppler system isnt working then nav and hover won't work. Not sure if that's the problem but maybe it will help someone.

I think that’s 90% the problem, it’s so easy to pass the pitch limit 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Ok guys, I get it to "work" now but it really is a piece of art. Any little touch on the controls can make the route mode drop his work. Alt mode also disengages as soon the pitch lever receives inputs. The whole system seems to be very fragil and finicky. You definitely have to support it to have it supporting you. Also it's highly important to keep your feet stable on the pedals, so it's a hands off - feet on solution, when flying with significant wind.

Not sure it's worth bothering with, as you could just trim it out as desired and probably gain a somewhat similar stability.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, Rongor said:

yeah, well, exactly. And this doesn't work.

I suspect people believe it's working because they trim into an attitude stable enough to make them think the AP is doing it's job after activating the green AP button. In fact it doesn't change anything. They just interpret the ongoing flight path as managed by the AP while instead their trimming beforehand was just fine to gain this stability.

Use route/course mode and then after activation turn that little heading dial some degrees away. After this, observe how there won't be any change in any of the trim indicator panels. Because they don't care for the set course.

I found out that sometimes the autopilot would only steer the Hind left or right and not both ways due to wind. But the AP does work, its just very “loose”. I think the best way to think of the Hind’s AP is its not Autopilot but more of a Control Assist.

Edited by Picure

On 10/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, Rongor said:

Ok guys, I get it to "work" now but it really is a piece of art. Any little touch on the controls can make the route mode drop his work. Alt mode also disengages as soon the pitch lever receives inputs. The whole system seems to be very fragil and finicky. You definitely have to support it to have it supporting you. Also it's highly important to keep your feet stable on the pedals, so it's a hands off - feet on solution, when flying with significant wind.

Not sure it's worth bothering with, as you could just trim it out as desired and probably gain a somewhat similar stability.

IIRC, route hold can only be engaged within 250kph and in level flight. Altitude hold will disengage if you move the collective lever. I think there is a option to widen the threshold where your collective will disengage the altitude hold in the “special” option for the Hind.

Is the "Gerben mode selector" needed to be in the left (ZK/HDG) position in order to be able to use the ROUTE mode?

The ZK position it´s for the "Course control Mode" I think, so maybe  it´s necessary for the Route mode operation.

Edited by Tarres

I´ve found some information but I don´t know if it´s correct for the 24P.

2-36.2 Course Control Mode Operation
To engage the course control mode, stabilize the helicopter on the desired course, set the course on the course selector, located above the hover-course control panel and make sure the autopilot roll channel, the Doppler system, and the GREBEN-1 flight director system are engaged and working properly.

Set the flight director system to course control mode (ZK), then press the COURSE lampbutton on the hover-course control panel. The Doppler system generates a course deviation signal using the course setting on the course selector, the current drift angle, and the current heading signal from the flight director system. The course deviation signal is sent to the AFCS flight computer. 

The computer converts the signal to a roll correction signal and sends it to the autopilot ROLL channel for execution. The correction signal is limited to a maximum value of 15° as a safety measure in the event of failure of the Doppler system. To disengage the course control mode, press the red OFF lamp-button on the hover-course control panel.

But I´m unsure until we´ve got an updated manual.

11 hours ago, Tarres said:

Set the flight director system to course control mode (ZK),

I don't see anywhere in our Mi-24 where this control is located. I have never used it (because I don't know where it is) and route mode works just great.

I'm under the impression you're talking about the ZK switch on the HSI, in that case perhaps the functionality isn't working yet, as that switch has no bearing on AP Course (HDG) mode.

Edited by randomTOTEN