List of Xbox and Playstation Gamepad Layouts for DCS: World Aircraft

Tuuvas

Do you not have an expensive HOTAS but still want to play DCS World? You're in luck!  All my DCS World controller layouts can be found below!

But first, please take a look at the following tutorial to make sure you set up your controller properly for using my profiles. This video goes over how to set up:

• Mouse Control on your Right Thumbstick
  • Mouse Scroll Up/Down on your Left/Right Triggers
  • Mouse Clicking on your Left/Right Shoulder Buttons
  • Keyboard Left ALT and Right ALT on your Left/Right Shoulder Buttons (IMPORTANT!)
  • How to download and import controller profiles into DCS World

And finally, all my controller profiles can be found and downloaded from my User Files section on the DCS website:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-profile/user-is-Tuuvas/apply/

Below are all my layout images for each one of my controller profiles, so you can easily reference where each control binding is:

TF-51D Mustang

T-51D Gamepad Layout.png

Su-25T Frogfoot

Su-25T Gamepad Layout.png

A-4E-C Scooter
https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c

A-4E-C Gamepad Layout.png

A-10A Thunderbolt II / Warthog

A-10A Gamepad Layout.png

A-10C II Thunderbolt II / Warthog / Tank Killer

A-10C II Gamepad Layout.png

AH-64D Apache (Pilot)

AH-64D Pilot Gamepad Layout.png

AH-64D Apache (CPG)

AH-64D CPG Gamepad Layout.png

AH-64D Apache (TEDAC-only)
Xbox Profile: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332033/
Playstation Profile: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332035/

AH-64D_TEDAC.png

AJS-37 Viggen (work in progress)

(WIP) AJS-37 Gamepad Layout.png

AV-8B Harrier II N/A

AV-8B N_A Gamepad Layout.png

F-5E-3 Tiger II

F-5E Gamepad Layout.png

F-14 Tomcat (Pilot)

F-14 Pilot Gamepad Layout.png

F-14 Tomcat (RIO) (work in progress)

(WIP) F-14 RIO Gamepad Layout.png

F-15C Eagle

F-15C Gamepad Layout.png

F-15E Strike Eagle (Pilot)

F-15E Pilot Gamepad Layout.png

F-15E Strike Eagle (WSO)

F-15E WSO Gamepad Layout.png

F-15E Strike Eagle (WSO Hand Controllers)
Xbox Profile: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332032/

F-15E WSO 1 Modifier Gamepad Layout.png

F-15E Strike Eagle (WSO Hand Controllers Simplified)

F-15E WSO 0 Modifier Gamepad Layout.png

F-16C Fighting Falcon / Viper

F-16C Gamepad Layout.png

F/A-18C Hornet

F_A-18C Gamepad Layout.png

F-22A Raptor
https://grinnellidesigns.com/f22/

F-22A Gamepad Layout.png

J-11A Flanker B+

J-11A Gamepad Layout.png

JF-17 Thunder (work in progress)

(WIP) JF-17 Gamepad Layout.png

Ka-50 Black Shark 3

KA-50 III Gamepad Layout.png

Mi-24P Hind (Pilot) (work in progress)

(WIP) MI-24P Pilot Gamepad Layout.png

MiG-21bis Fishbed

MiG-21Bis Gamepad Layout.png

MiG-29 (A/G/C/S) Fulcrum

MiG-29 Gamepad Layout.png

Mirage F1CE (work in progress)

(WIP) F1CE Gamepad Layout.png

Mirage M-2000C (work in progress)

(WIP) M-2000C Gamepad Layout.png

P-51D Mustang

P-51D Gamepad Layout.png

Su-25 Frogfoot

Su-25 Gamepad Layout.png

Su-27 Flanker

Su-27 Gamepad Layout.png

Su-33 Flanker-D

Su-33 Gamepad Layout.png

UH-1H Huey

UH-1H Gamepad Layout.png

Edited by Tuuvas
Putting all layout images into first post
  • Like 3

• Tuuvas changed the title to List of Console Gamepad Controller Layouts for DCS: World Modules
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First, great job on these control layouts, very well done.  For the AH-64D TEDAC (Xbox) layout, how are you setting up the George AI in purple text?  I am confused at what modifier you are using.  Would you please be able to explain?

Thank you!null

image.png

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

7 minutes ago, lrdangel said:

First, great job on these control layouts, very well done.  For the AH-64D TEDAC (Xbox) layout, how are you setting up the George AI in purple text?  I am confused at what modifier you are using.  Would you please be able to explain?

Thank you!null

Pressing the button assigned to "George Show/Hide" in the AH-64D Pilot or CPG bindings will activate the bindings under Geroge AI Helper.  These take priority over any other bindings as long as the George AI Helper UI is visible.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply.  What button are you using to show/hide George AI?  In the screenshot I posted, it looks like you are pointing to the main xbox button that lights up on the controller. But for some reason, that does not seem to be a button that I am able to assign.

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

On 1/1/2023 at 1:09 AM, lrdangel said:

Thank you for your reply.  What button are you using to show/hide George AI?  In the screenshot I posted, it looks like you are pointing to the main xbox button that lights up on the controller. But for some reason, that does not seem to be a button that I am able to assign.

Yeah that's what was intended by this layout.  It's possible you're running software that takes that button and uses it for something else by default (ex. Steam's Big Picture Mode or something similar).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have trouble figuring out how to setup the "zoom view". A4-E has a binding for "zoom view slew" and when bound to axis, you can zoom in/out and when you let go, it will stay. However, for example F-86 only has "zoom view" and when I bind it to Z-axis, I have to hold right-trigger or left-trigger to hold zoom level, when I let go, it gets to some value in the middle. Am I missing something or is this the way people use it?

34 minutes ago, fenikso said:

I have trouble figuring out how to setup the "zoom view". A4-E has a binding for "zoom view slew" and when bound to axis, you can zoom in/out and when you let go, it will stay. However, for example F-86 only has "zoom view" and when I bind it to Z-axis, I have to hold right-trigger or left-trigger to hold zoom level, when I let go, it gets to some value in the middle. Am I missing something or is this the way people use it?

So for the A-4E-C mod, the developers went through great lengths to get the controls to be as accessible as possible. Between the Zoom View Slew you mentioned, to differential braking axis, to even mouse controls bindings and controller defaults - they did a fantastic job supporting as many use cases as possible.

Unfortunately, this level of accessibility is really only seen in the A-4E-C mod. Official products have yet to reach this level when it comes to controls

The gamepad layouts guide has been updated to all the latest layouts.

Also, for HOTAS users, I've included links to controller profiles that you can download and import for the Apache CPG and Strike Eagle WSO.

• Like 1

• Tuuvas changed the title to List of Xbox and Playstation Gamepad Layouts for DCS: World Aircraft
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tuuvas, thanks for the hard work doing this. Getting a kick out of the idea of flying with just a controller. I was mapping Viper controls using the mapping image from your imgur post and it did zoom using scroll wheel and turbo, which would work everywhere outside of cursor mode, and in this post it just says zoom view, so I assume it's using zoom slow. 

Why the change? I tried zoom slow first and didn't like how it behaved, then when trying to map scroll wheel, I couldn't figure out how to assign a shifted button state on the triggers using LB, so I gave up. (Actually controller went to sleep and the whole config was lost). Which do you think works better?

Edited by Namco51
Flow

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bigity said:

Struggling to figure out the mouse wheel scroll and zoom in/out myself.

They need to be set up using Steam. I plan to have a video out this weekend to go over how to do this. I will also be providing all my controller profiles for download.

Awesome thanks.  I have been flying a herc on GF with a controller for a few weeks now, I'm going to step up to a Su-25T or something, maybe a helo - no hotas on my away from home machine.

Edited by Bigity

17 hours ago, Tuuvas said:

They need to be set up using Steam. I plan to have a video out this weekend to go over how to do this. I will also be providing all my controller profiles for download.

Thanks man, I thought I missed something in your videos with the scroll wheel. Using the in game zoom without the scroll wheel wasn't the best compromise for me.

3 hours ago, Nikluviin said:

Thanks man, I thought I missed something in your videos with the scroll wheel. Using the in game zoom without the scroll wheel wasn't the best compromise for me.

Yeah that's why I switched away from using the in-game zoom axis. It was horrible to use.  Using Mouse Scroll Up and Down instead is a more natural alternative, but is also a 2 for 1. Mouse scroll can zoom in and out in camera control mode, but in cursor control mode it can turn dials as well.

I appreciate all the work you've put in for this.  It has been tremendously helpful.  Is there any chance you still have the old layouts img that had the D-pad next to the control name? It was easier for me to do a quick glance at the direction and the UI now has me squinting and taking a touch longer to look than I'd like.  The Imgur link they were hosted on is now 404'd.  No problem if not, I can just make it myself. 
Thanks again for all the work!

Silver 1-1 | Atlas