Dropping Multiple JDAMS in a Single Pass TOO Mode

Bader242

Hi all,

I’m struggling with dropping multiple JDAMS in a single pass using TOO mode. I have watched several vids on You Tube that show it but I can’t get it to work.  Has ED changed something? I’m wondering if the vids are out of date?

If it is still possible, could someone post a link to a vid that shows the up to date method?

Many thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Bader242 said:

Hi all,

I’m struggling with dropping multiple JDAMS in a single pass using TOO mode. I have watched several vids on You Tube that show it but I can’t get it to work.  Has ED changed something? I’m wondering if the vids are out of date?

If it is still possible, could someone post a link to a vid that shows the up to date method?

Many thanks in advance.

It seems to be broken, or at least not functioning the way it used to and so far we are unable to get a definitive answer on whether it is being looked at or assumed correct as is.

At the moment the only way to Ripple GPS guided weapons in TOO mode is to create MARKPOINTS and toggle through them to designate for each release.  Currently, the UNDESIGNATE removes ALL coordinates from all stations, so the method outlined in so many videos is currently not available.

Edited by Recluse
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Recluse said:

It seems to be broken, or at least not functioning the way it used to and so far we are unable to get a definitive answer on whether it is being looked at or assumed correct as is.

At the moment the only way to Ripple GPS guided weapons in TOO mode is to create MARKPOINTS and toggle through them to designate for each release.  Currently, the UNDESIGNATE removes ALL coordinates from all stations, so the method outlined in so many videos is currently not available.

That explains it then - I thought that was the case. The video posted by Evilnate above suggests a slew > designate > pickle > slew > designate > pickle etc approach that I did try but with mixed results. To be fair, I was in a hostile multiplayer environment so was rushing a bit so I’ll create a test mission and experiment.

As an aside, I presume ED state ‘correct as is’ because that’s how it worked with a real FA-18 dropping real JDAMS. Anything less would be disappointing.

Edited by Bader242

That explains it then - I thought that was the case. The video posted by Evilnate above suggests a slew > designate > pickle > slew > designate > pickle etc approach that I did try but with mixed results. To be fair, I was in a hostile multiplayer environment so was rushing a bit so I’ll create a test mission and experiment.

As an aside, I presume ED state ‘correct as is’ because that’s how it worked with a real FA-18 dropping real JDAMS. Anything less would be disappointing.

It's been broken for months unfortunately.....worked great about 6 months ago.

There's no way it's "correct as is" it'd be a useful as a chocolate tea pot IRL
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Well its not  broken  for  me  just tested  it  as per  the  vid  on second  post but  i used  the  atflir  instead and  got  all  8  targets  with one  pass

Edited by pete_auau

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Well its not  broken  for  me  just tested  it  as per  the  vid  on second  post but  i used  the  atflir  instead and  got  all  8  targets  with one  pass

That video shows Sequential attacks: Designate/Drop...Designate/Drop etc..

Previously you could pre-program the JDAM/JSOW with all the necessary targets at once using the Targeting Pod and populating the MSN page with coordinates and then just drop them in sequence. THAT is what is no longer possible.

This video shows that METHOD which no longer works because pressing UNDESIGNATE deletes coordinates from ALL bombs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Recluse said:

That video shows Sequential attacks: Designate/Drop...Designate/Drop etc..

Previously you could pre-program the JDAM/JSOW with all the necessary targets at once using the Targeting Pod and populating the MSN page with coordinates and then just drop them in sequence. THAT is what is no longer possible.

This video shows that METHOD which no longer works because pressing UNDESIGNATE deletes coordinates from ALL bombs.

Exactly that....

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Mark points.

Use TGP to mark all of your targets.

Then designate MP1.

Here's the good bit.  Program a MACRO to pickle + next waypoint + lock.  Bam Bam Bam

Now, if you are targetting from miles away, your aim point will be off, so you WILL need to fine tune before releasing, so......maybe DON'T lock on the macro as any fine tuning tends to "stick" to the target until you move away a bit far......

Video incoming soon(tm) of a very bad example (no voice etc).

VIDEO

Edited by MrReynolds

Mark points.
Then designate MP1.
Here's the good bit.  Program a MACRO to pickle + next waypoint + lock.  Bam Bam Bam

Now, if you are targetting from miles away, your aim point will be off, so you WILL need to fine tune before releasing, so......maybe DON'T lock on the macro as any fine tuning tends to "stick" to the target until you move away a bit far......

Video incoming soon™ of a very bad example (no voice etc).
Yeah, mark points work for that, but ultimately reverting the old and likely "real" behaviour would be far better.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zildac said:
12 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:
Mark points.
Then designate MP1.

Video incoming soon of a very bad example (no voice etc).

Yeah, mark points work for that, but ultimately reverting the old and likely "real" behaviour would be far better.

Indeed - but for real targets of opportunity, especially if the ground units are set to scatter on attack, you will need to adjust parameters 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:

Indeed - but for real targets of opportunity, especially if the ground units are set to scatter on attack, you will need to adjust parameters 🙂

The way we use them, yeah, but I thought GPS weapons were used more for STATIC targets that don't move (buildings, hangars, POL storage etc..). In DCS Vehicle targets are always the juicy ones, so, of course we use them for those as well, and from what I read that was done as well for things like revetted tanks.

I am with @zildac here. Why have a TOO1 and TOO2 if you can't use it in the manner it used to be. Even with Two bombs on a station, when doing sequential drops you could use TOO1 for each.  Maybe there SHOULDN'T be TOO1 and TOO2 and THAT is the problem, but, it has never been clarified.

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, Recluse said:

The way we use them, yeah, but I thought GPS weapons were used more for STATIC targets that don't move (buildings, hangars, POL storage etc..). In DCS Vehicle targets are always the juicy ones, so, of course we use them for those as well, and from what I read that was done as well for things like revetted tanks.

I am with @zildac here. Why have a TOO1 and TOO2 if you can't use it in the manner it used to be. Even with Two bombs on a station, when doing sequential drops you could use TOO1 for each.  Maybe there SHOULDN'T be TOO1 and TOO2 and THAT is the problem, but, it has never been clarified.

That's actually a good point that makes me believe it's in a bugged state at the moment. If only a real F/A-18 pilot could confirm this, then my mind would be at peace. I'm looking at you, @Mover 😉

• Like 1