Can you do voice attack/VIACOM pro without paying?

Glass_onion

Can you do voice attack/VIACOM pro without paying?

Everyone says its really good, easy to use and they don't mention having to pay but in all tutorials they import profiles which is a payed feature. Please can someone explain.

Also this is my first post I have no idea if its in the right place.

No and Yes! 

You can but you have to have to buy Voice Attack you don't have to buy VIACOM  I can tell you right now you can do VIACOM setup with Voice attack all on your own,     Viacom is a bunch of extra stuff besides the control of jester, it has the chatter app,  knee board and such which is what your really paying for the Program that Runs Jester is Voice attack alone all they did was make commands so you didn't have to.

So its all up to you and how much work you want to do with Voice attack,   Viacom is a nice little program that adds some extra immersion with its chatter but in the end you don't need it you just need voice attack and set up the Key Words and Command Lines and your pretty much done besides testing them to make sure they work correctly.

Guess this the Long Answer!

Edited by Gumbie

No and Yes! 

You can but you have to have to buy Voice Attack you don't have to buy VIACOM  I can tell you right now you can do VIACOM setup with Voice attack all on your own,     Viacom is a bunch of extra stuff besides the control of jester, it has the chatter app,  knee board and such which is what your really paying for the Program that Runs Jester is Voice attack alone all they did was make commands so you didn't have to.

So its all up to you and how much work you want to do with Voice attack,   Viacom is a nice little program that adds some extra immersion with its chatter but in the end you don't need it you just need voice attack and set up the Key Words and Command Lines and your pretty much done besides testing them to make sure they work correctly.

Guess this the Long Answer!

Not quite true.
VAICOM doesn't use the radio menu, it talks with DCS through the network by the export.lua
It only uses VA as a pass through to the MS Speech Recognition and it uses the comms way better than the radio menu does.
And as you wrote, there are some other rather nifty add ons.
BUT there is actually a free version so you can try it out.
VA also have a free version, but it is limited to 20 commands, so I don't think you can try both for free at the same time.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lets put it this way you have to Purchase one of these which is VOICE ATTACK!

All you need is Voice Attack, after getting Voice attack you need to make a commands and set Key words for each Function you want for example:

Need to Eject,  So the command would look like this: When I say Ditch, Eject, O FK   the app will automatically push LCtrl+E     An out of the Air Craft you go!

In the end its up to you and what your wanting to do, but you will have to purchase Voice Attack either way which isn't a bad app to have I was lucky and bought it when it first come out and it was only like $5 today not sure what the $ but sure its not over say $20-25 an depending on what games you play it can be useful and its not the End of the World or a LOSS if you don't use either.    

So good luck either way bud with your choice again its not your Loss if you don't, here's a Fact for you 90 % of Dcs Players do not use ViaCom so you won't be the only one if you don't!

Lets put it this way you have to Purchase one of these which is VOICE ATTACK!

All you need is Voice Attack, after getting Voice attack you need to make a commands and set Key words for each Function you want for example:

Need to Eject,  So the command would look like this: When I say Ditch, Eject, O FK   the app will automatically push LCtrl+E     An out of the Air Craft you go!

In the end its up to you and what your wanting to do, but you will have to purchase Voice Attack either way which isn't a bad app to have I was lucky and bought it when it first come out and it was only like $5 today not sure what the $ but sure its not over say $20-25 an depending on what games you play it can be useful and its not the End of the World or a LOSS if you don't use either.    

So good luck either way bud with your choice again its not your Loss if you don't, here's a Fact for you 90 % of Dcs Players do not use ViaCom so you won't be the only one if you don't!
I disagree.
VAICOM (Not Viacom) is an addon/plugin (cheap by my standards, and it will save you lots of time) for VoiceAttack (also very cheap) primarily as a more natural substitute for the comms menu, and tuning radios. NOT for "gear up" "eject" etc. And it achives this in a better way than what you can out of the box with VoiceAttack. How can you easily have VoiceAttack do "Two, attack tripple A with rockets from the south-east" in an easy way in plain VoiceAttack?
OP seems concerned that VA and VAICOM comes with a cost, and that is his loss. Most VA profiles are free anyway. VAICOM is an addon not a profile. TacView is not free either.
With a little effort you can have one DCS profile with VAICOM, which let's say "gear up" and the correct keybinds will trigger depending on the module you're in. VoiceAttack cannot do this out of the box.
This is of course my not so humble opinion, you are of course entitled to your own.
Cheers, enjoy your weekend!

• Like 2

Imho Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro is the ultimate!

Well worth the cost of admission.

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok thanks guys I think I wont use it.
Oh I personally really recommend it. The price is affordable IMO. Its relatively easy to use (I'm not English native speaker and still have many eror on grammar when writing as you can see now hehehe ) It makes DCS much more enjoyable particularly if you have F-14 and AIRIO. It feels like having real human RIO back there. I wouldnt want playing DCS without it.
  • Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Only thing i can say is, it was money is well spent! Voice attack & Vaicom including all modules!

Almost never have to use F keys to zift through radio menu’s again and give commands to jester. 

and above all, it’s way more immersive to use speech recognition to use radio! 

Vaicom creator Hollywood_315 has a solid reason to ask a imo fair price for his work on this. 

• Like 2

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

On 10/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, Gumbie said:

Viacom is a nice little program that adds some extra immersion with its chatter but in the end you don't need it you just need voice attack and set up the Key Words and Command Lines and your pretty much done besides testing them to make sure they work correctly.

You obviously haven't tried doing what you recommend here. That approach requires communicating with the AI using the communications menu, and the communications menu changes a lot from mission to mission, map to map, when the player changes locations, and for numerous other possible reasons. So there is no way to implement the equivalent of "Batumi, Inbound" for example in a reliable way using VoiceAttack alone. Yes you can program voice commands for F1-F12 and use those to manipulate the communications menu, but that isn't at all the same as giving commands to the AI directly with your voice. Rather it's just using your voice as a keyboard substitute. Not the same thing at all.

• Like 3

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

5 hours ago, sthompson said:

You obviously haven't tried doing what you recommend here. That approach requires communicating with the AI using the communications menu, and the communications menu changes a lot from mission to mission, map to map, when the player changes locations, and for numerous other possible reasons. So there is no way to implement the equivalent of "Batumi, Inbound" for example in a reliable way using VoiceAttack alone. Yes you can program voice commands for F1-F12 and use those to manipulate the communications menu, but that isn't at all the same as giving commands to the AI directly with your voice. Rather it's just using your voice as a keyboard substitute. Not the same thing at all.

First off I use it every day the point here is I am not Trying to sell a Companies Product he asked a simple FKING QUESTION WHICH YOU ALL SEEM TO MISS!!!!!       which is  Can you do voice attack/VIACOM pro without paying?

If I am not mistaken you can only reach the Airport you have set on your Radio and third you can easy setup commands to use the Communications Menu its simple not like Vaicom responds back to you by Callsign this is Preprogrammed responses which pop up after you push the F 1-F 12 key after bring the menu up in first place.     Example and where going to use same commands as Vaicom to prove it will work and not cause a any issue  First command Ground Crew which when saying Ground Crew Voice attack will push \ and then F-8 which will bring up are ground Crew menu to rearm and refuel Where going to use Command Rearm and Refuel to separate words this way we have both bases covered which with push of Alt+` I think the key binding is and we are Rearm and refueling.    This can be set up for landing an about anything else and yes the airport will respond to you the Ai isn't Controlled at anytime with Vaicom when contacting airport for landing or on Carrier because this is a 3rd party program that only controls Key bindings, I might be miss understanding your Ai ordeal but Vaicom doesn't control any Ai in game at anytime again this is Vaicom using commands to push Key bindings.

Did not ask for are opinions about the Products he wanted to know if they could be used with out purchase and the Answer is Yes and No You can use Voice Attack with out purchase but you cannot get a Full Function Voice Attack with out the Registered version and Vaicom is a No has no Freebees and is not NEEDED at all,   you can make your own Profiles and Commands like Vaicom's  this is not talking about Knee Board and other add on like Chatter.

Its like this Vaicom is a Great Program but it is not NEEDED yes its nice add on but for those out here saying it a must have if you play it is not a must have I would prefer to take the money and put it towards a better Joystick or MFD screens again this is going to be based of Opinions which is something I was leaving out of it because I was not asked for it,   Look not trying to be a Dick here but I keep seeing people us my name in Quotes Talking Dumb Shit because they refuse to read ever word an Comprehend what they are reading instead of just mouthing off because they didn't like what they read.     

Sorry not just calling you out over that but again your making assumptions about me that are 100% wrong again I am not mad at you just feel that your calling me out for owning something and then saying I don't even use it when I use it all the time if DCS is on I have it own I do find that I turn chatter off all the time just because don't need all the extra Chatter in Multi player server and miss a call for help,  maybe I a miss understanding but I just let you know I do use it and was only reply to the question was asked and not my opinion. 

First off I use it every day the point here is I am not Trying to sell a Companies Product he asked a simple FKING QUESTION WHICH YOU ALL SEEM TO MISS!!!!!       which is  Can you do voice attack/VIACOM pro without paying?

If I am not mistaken you can only reach the Airport you have set on your Radio and third you can easy setup commands to use the Communications Menu its simple not like Vaicom responds back to you by Callsign this is Preprogrammed responses which pop up after you push the F 1-F 12 key after bring the menu up in first place.     Example and where going to use same commands as Vaicom to prove it will work and not cause a any issue  First command Ground Crew which when saying Ground Crew Voice attack will push \ and then F-8 which will bring up are ground Crew menu to rearm and refuel Where going to use Command Rearm and Refuel to separate words this way we have both bases covered which with push of Alt+` I think the key binding is and we are Rearm and refueling.    This can be set up for landing an about anything else and yes the airport will respond to you the Ai isn't Controlled at anytime with Vaicom when contacting airport for landing or on Carrier because this is a 3rd party program that only controls Key bindings, I might be miss understanding your Ai ordeal but Vaicom doesn't control any Ai in game at anytime again this is Vaicom using commands to push Key bindings.

Did not ask for are opinions about the Products he wanted to know if they could be used with out purchase and the Answer is Yes and No You can use Voice Attack with out purchase but you cannot get a Full Function Voice Attack with out the Registered version and Vaicom is a No has no Freebees and is not NEEDED at all,   you can make your own Profiles and Commands like Vaicom's  this is not talking about Knee Board and other add on like Chatter.

Its like this Vaicom is a Great Program but it is not NEEDED yes its nice add on but for those out here saying it a must have if you play it is not a must have I would prefer to take the money and put it towards a better Joystick or MFD screens again this is going to be based of Opinions which is something I was leaving out of it because I was not asked for it,   Look not trying to be a Dick here but I keep seeing people us my name in Quotes Talking Dumb Shit because they refuse to read ever word an Comprehend what they are reading instead of just mouthing off because they didn't like what they read.     

Sorry not just calling you out over that but again your making assumptions about me that are 100% wrong again I am not mad at you just feel that your calling me out for owning something and then saying I don't even use it when I use it all the time if DCS is on I have it own I do find that I turn chatter off all the time just because don't need all the extra Chatter in Multi player server and miss a call for help,  maybe I a miss understanding but I just let you know I do use it and was only reply to the question was asked and not my opinion. 

Second post of this thread answered the OP question clearly enough.

And ffs, it is VAICOM, not VIA.

I agree with the others, btw, you clearly misunderstand how VAICOM (not VIA) works. Try mapping e.g. CTLD via pure VA, see how it works out.
  • Like 2

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hei buddy! @Gumbie
I'm not dissing you, and I know you are a long time VAICOM user, but people respond to you in this way because you spread disinformation on how VAICOM works.
It's impossible for VoiceAttack to achieve what VAICOM does. Period!
And because you spread disinformation I respond to you in case other new potential users read what you post, and get the wrong impression.

And like @The LT wrote, second post was the correct simple reply.
Some posts later OP responded that this was not for him, and then others are telling him how he ought to have a second look.
Have a nice day!

• Like 3

@Gumbie, apologies if you took offense at my post. But I thought it important to clarify that it is not true that you can reproduce VAICOM functionality using VoiceAttack alone. I don't know if you are familiar with the history of VAICOM, but the early (free) versions tried to do exactly what you suggested. Making it work required a number of DCS mods (e.g. the StaticATC mod) that tended to break every time DCS updated. The mods were needed to rewrite the internal communications menu code so that it would be less volatile across maps, modules, or player location on the map. A number of people, including me, contributed to trying to keep some of those mods up to date as DCS evolved. In the end it was an enormous amount of unpaid lua coding work just to keep it working, even without adding new features, and so Hollywood decided to shift to the VA plugin approach starting in VAICOM 2.0. It's from personal experience that I know you cannot reliably program some of the most basic VAICOM PRO functions using VA alone. The example I gave, "Batumi, Inbound" cannot easily be programmed in VoiceAttack because the location of Batumi in the communications menu changes as you fly closer or further from Batumi. So there is no stable keyboard sequence that reproduces that function.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 10/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, dburne said:

Imho Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro is the ultimate!

Well worth the cost of admission.

True. VoiceAttack + VAICOM PRO costs about $20 US -- much less than most DCS modules -- or 10% of a mediocre joystick. The full VAICOM PRO bundle only adds about $12 more.

• Like 2