Love the upgraded Channel Map

nighthawk06

Just took a quick spin in a Spit around the upgraded map. Looks absolutely stunning with great frame rates. Crashed into a farmhouse, lost my wings and set said farmhouse alight but otherwise all good.

Thumbs up to the team that's been working hard on this. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

None. Don't expect it.

Ive asked support for a refund, If it gets the expansion it deserves, ill re-buy and pay full price for it.
Its still got way too many issues for me to be happy with right now. I mean its up to them at the end of the day, but if i have to make a list of complaints, and highlight my issues im gonna be frustrated.
I thought it would be finished on release, but theres loads STILL that needs updating with it.

How I know it? Well I don't KNOW it but;

1: They have not announced any intention to do so.

2: They have specifically said that they are unable to combine that map with Normandy due to size. (Keep in mind that the object count is far higher than on some of the other, larger maps)

Is it possible: Yeah, sure- but I sure would not expect it. I would consider it a positive surprise if they did. I have plenty of stuff I would like changed with the map- both in terms of scope and graphics (There is a far older competitor who has a better looking and much larger map of the same region). But I am not holding my breath.

• Like 2

There are problems like any computer program.
The Channel map is a great map!

I am not a developer and I don't know if the map can be enlarged but can additional airfields saturate the map in terms of performance ??

In a flight simulation, I think airfields are important! This is where operations are prepared, where planes take to the air and land there once their mission is over!
I know very well that not all airfields can be recreated, but at least the most important ones.

In France, 4 airfields is very fair !!

Where is Rosière-en-Santerre?

Where is Amiens-Glisy?

Where is Dieppe-Saint-Aubin? ....

Without these airfields, the reproduction of historical scenarios is much reduced !!!

If the map does not change in this direction, I will be very disappointed!
For me there will be a big lack, that's for sure!

Edited by Fred901
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fred901 said:

There are problems like any computer program.
The Channel map is a great map!

I am not a developer and I don't know if the map can be enlarged but can additional airfields saturate the map in terms of performance ??

In a flight simulation, I think airfields are important! This is where operations are prepared, where planes take to the air and land there once their mission is over!
I know very well that not all airfields can be recreated, but at least the most important ones.

In France, 4 airfields is very fair !!

Where is Rosière-en-Santerre?

Where is Amiens-Glisy?

Where is Dieppe-Saint-Aubin? ....

Without these airfields, the reproduction of historical scenarios is much reduced !!!

If the map does not change in this direction, I will be very disappointed!
For me there will be a big lack, that's for sure!

It really does agitate me when you look at the size and the airfields of Normandy, then look at the Channel. Its disappointing to say the least.
I wish ED looks at the feedback and does something about it.

List of airfields id like to see so that i can create a campaign for the last moments of WW2.

• Like 1