Copilot loss of some function of 9M113 when using a joystick when in Multiplayer.

hannibal

Im experiencing a problem with being a co-pilot gunner.

I am in VR, and the problem happens in multi player session a few times.

Usually i have no problems when firing the first round of Shtrum missile, the problem happens alot after the first shot. 

the problem is that i can not slew the monocle / aiming station with my joystick.

also i have bound the observer on/off command to the joystick, and using the joystick i lose operation of the observer on/off when the problem occurs.

i then have to resort to taking my VR hand controller to turn on/off the observer switch in the virtual cockpit.

I have found that in order for me to regain control of the aiming station slew, I would select another multiplayer role in order to "hop out" of the copilot position, and then reselect the copilot role again, to "jump back in", and then using the 9M113 aiming station slew will start working properly again.

also regain joystick function to control the observer on/off switch.

wondering if all of this is a multiplayer sync issue...

THIS IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 months later...

so, i think i found out what i lose control of the function of 9M113 (loss of joystick function).

it happens pretty much all the time when i am in multiplayer session in which me and the pilot get shot down, and respawn immediately into a new mi24 hind.

how i solve this issue is after "dying", i have to make sure i go back to spectator (or select another role other than the co-pilot position) and then request to join the pilot i was flying with when re starts in a new mi24 hind respawn...

comments anyone? 

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have had this happen also. Things like the observe switch will not work using my keybinds. However I can click the observe switch and it works.

There are multiple other desync issues like this if you spawn immediately into a new Hind as the gunner when the pilot clicks refly. 

One such desync is that NVGs won't work until you go back to spectators and jump back into your friends Hind, sometimes even having to do this twice.

My work around is basically what you already found, except many times I have to do it twice to become fully synced.

I go to spectators after we die, then wait until his engine is running so the rotors are synced. Then I join as the gunner and usually everything works fine, except NVGs which then require me to jump back to spectators again and rejoin for a second time.

Once I do that dance everything seems to work ok, usually.

Edited by NeMoGas

Oh I should point out another and possibly related bug.

Lately I have been losing engine 1 for no reason while flying as the pilot. An issue I still have not been able to nail down.

Anyway, the strange part is this issue has never been seen by my friends who also fly the Hind. Now the last few days I have been a CPG in one of their Hinds and what do you know, engine 1 rolls back to zero and the generators kick off killing my ability to use the sight. However when I say, oh look we just lost engine 1 they respond saying everything is fine on their end. I then jump back to spectators, and rejoin their Hind. When I do the engine is running again and the sight works.

Next time you're in your friends Hind and can't slew the sight see if both engines are still turning.

Just to be sure I uninstalled the Hind and then ran an integrity check (Steam user) before I reinstalled it. That did not help and the engine issue still persists.

Edited by NeMoGas
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Experienced this very thing last night, under the exact circumstances. I was up front with a live pilot. We got shot down and immediately took the same slots and reentered the game. Did not go back to spectator. 

Several bound controls no longer worked. 

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed, exact same behavior observed, under same circumstances : MP, after getting shot down, respawns without changing slot : some joystick control mapping are temporary lost, like the aiming station slew axis and observe button

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16