Weather Questions..

JG27_Arklight

I was wondering if when it rains, will water droplets hit the cockpit glass (I noticed it mentioned somewhere that the wipers work)?

Some may think this question is somewhat trivial, but if you own FSX you would undersatand how "strange" it is not actually seeing rain land on the glass (FS9 had this feature, but the MS Devleopment team "ran out of time" with regard to adding this into FSX). Rain "should" hinder visibility. lol

It also adds a ton of immersion, IMO. :)

If the rain does not hit the glass, is that something we can mod in, or is that something I would have to add to the "Wishlist" thread for a future patch/upgrade?

Thanks!

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Not yet. I hope they do in the future.

Ahh ok. Hmm, I hope it is added in as well. From what I have seen here the Blackshark looks extremely detailed and this little rain tidbit could add that extra "oomph" to the atmosphere (no pun intended).

Is this something we might possibly be able to mod in ourselves?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Sure. I can come to your house with the Mod whenever you like :music_whistling:

haw001.jpg

I'll never fall for that...again!

:D

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

I am imagining it - that's why when I fly a mission with precip I run both the Cockpit and the Shkval wiper. Shame about the lack of proper raindrops though and modelled visibility impairment.

Still not a major thing to be missing given everything else that is present and working.

r.

Yeah, this would definately add some piece of realism in the simulator. I really enjoyed this effect in Colin McRay Rally series. Perhaps some day... Wait until DCS becomes massive among users and then somebody will surely make the mod. Speaking about frosting of Shkval covering glass - it will also be great. Warming of rotors and stuff is already realised in game

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Yeah the CMR rain looked amazing in it's day...it still might now I just don't play it anymore.

There are a lot of "rain on the windscreen" in games out there, so I don't think it's a particularly hard thing to do...maybe in an update then :D

If anyone has played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on the 360 (it may be on the PS3 as well, but I don't think it's on the PC yet) had a bit where your on a minigun hanging out the side of a black hawk and it was raining. The rain was collecting and spiraling off sections of the chopper, it looked amazing!

Regards

Paul

Edited by DTWD

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]