TV monitor slew Axis commands are borked

hannibal

running DCS 2.7.6.13436 Open Beta

under the axis commands for the SA342,

when i set the up / down slew of the TV to my joystick y-axis (physical up/down), it functions as normal to physically move the TV slew up and down 

HOWEVER,

when i set the left / right slew of the TV to my joystick x-axis (physical left /right), making up down inputs on my joystick ALSO slews the TV slew UP and DOWN

i couldnt get left /right slew to function with a joystick.

i also used the default key commands for slew (, . : /) , these keyboard commands didnt even slew anything at all, yet they set correctly for keyboard commands for slew up down left right..

THE TV was pretty much useless to control missiles..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 5 months later...

Today I was having problems. Slewing left right was the opposite sometimes. It is well set, but sometimes it was moving to the opossite direction than commanded. In the nevada trucks targets.

I read that with the slew keypress would go good. BUT no. It is the same. And this is produced when the autohover is not realized. And not always kicks in the autohover. In any case, it should work without this issue, with makes impossible to follow a moving target.

Edited by Japo32

• 1 month later...

I've noticed if your perfectly still on ground or near perfect hover it works normally, if you slave to the Vivian and start slewing (ie, the chopper is turning) then you get opposite inputs until it settles down still again, it wasn't like this some time ago its a new thing imo

Edited by shinobi61
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

there is a similar problem that's existed for years with the targeting camera slew for the SU-25 modules.  When I go to slew the Gazelle TV reticle, it will only move in the direction of the flightpath of the helicopter, so I have to make sure I'm manipulating the cyclic to point the chopper so it moves in the direction I want to slew the reticle.  This seems very silly and not what crews would experience in real life.  It would be nice to have it move like the F16 or F18 or all other TPOD/ FLIRs but I know those modules get the attention because they are big sellers.  The campaigns for the Gazelle are nearly unplayable.  It takes active pause just to be able to target effectively, which also acts as a pseudo-autohover because that feature is working intermittently.  And isn't reliable in gameplay.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

On 5/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, shinobi61 said:

... it wasn't like this some time ago its a new thing imo

AFAIK (discord) the underling control logic has been reworked for multi-crew, this unfortunately introduced a number of bugs and unintended changes in behaviour.

Most of these have been fixed internally and submitted to ED for inclusion in the next update whenever that may be.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080