DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

Any chance for this to read the data that is currently set on the F-16? For example, I use DICE to set CMS, and the default radio presets are mostly OK, I just want to change a small thing.. how do I do this? Further, I expect that radio presets are overwritten by the mission settings?

Other than that, I'll use it for the MFDs which was annoying af so good job.

2 hours ago, Eteokles said:

Any chance for this to read the data that is currently set on the F-16? For example, I use DICE to set CMS, and the default radio presets are mostly OK, I just want to change a small thing.. how do I do this? Further, I expect that radio presets are overwritten by the mission settings?

Other than that, I'll use it for the MFDs which was annoying af so good job.

The aircraft will load into the mission with the radio presets you set on the mission. This is to change things after you loaded into a mission, either single player or multi-player.

Last week I found a way to read some data from the cockpit (for example, I am using this function to read from the DED whether the HARM page is available, since it is only available if you have HARMs loaded into the aircraft). I suppose I could read all the radio and CMS settings from the jet the same way, but that would be low on the list of priorities. Not sure why we would need that... What exactly is the small thing you want to change? If you only want to change a single radio frequency here and there, easier to just do it directly in the cockpit.

So with Bignewy having posted the classes for the HTS here on this thread:

What I want to do in the app is:

- you select which emitters you want to scan for

- the app will enable only the classes related to these emitters, therefore reducing HTS scan time as much as possible.

Only problem I am facing is, there is not an easy way to re-configure the HTS THRT page. It works fine for the first time, since after a cold start all classes are selected and I can only de-select the ones we don't need. But after that, if you want to re-configure (lets say in flight) there is no easy way to reset the HTS to its defaults, and I dont know how to read its state from the cockpit. So maybe I will just leave the function in the app to suggest you the classes, but let you manually configure the HTS.

I can configure the manual tables pretty easily though. Also the tables for the HARM:

image.png

Edited by SFJackBauer
  • Like 3

Hi  @SFJackBauer,

I use your DTC a lot and it's really useful ! thanks for that! 

Me and my firends (From the wing i'm in) realised that since the newest update, the save function (both file and clipboard) is not functionning anymore...

do you have any idea why ? 

Regards 

Leo

Edited by leo2510

Released new version - 3.0.0

https://github.com/the-paid-actor/dcs-dtc/releases/tag/3.0.0

New features

• Added airbases coordinates for all maps. Courtesy of fellow simmer FireNLD.
  • Added Misc page, allowing configuration of:
    • Fuel Bingo alert
    • Enable Bullseye
    • Altitude floor alerts
    • TGP laser and laser tracker codes
    • TACAN channel and band
    • ILS frequency and course
  • Added HTS configuration page
    • You can enable / disable the predefined classes by selecting which emitters you want to scan for. The app will choose the classes based on the emitters you select.
    • Ability to edit the manual HTS table emitter list
  • Added HARM configuration page
    • Ability to edit the three configurable HARM tables
  • Changed CMS page
    • Added 6th program
    • Added Bingo for chaff and flare

Bugfixes

• Reverted command delay to 200ms
  • Fix Load / Save page functionality

Important

Make sure you update the DCSDTC.lua file in the Scripts folder inside Saved Games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• SFJackBauer changed the title to DTC for DCS F-16 Viper - new version 3.0.0 - HTS, HARM and more
21 hours ago, SFJackBauer said:

Released new version - 3.0.0

https://github.com/the-paid-actor/dcs-dtc/releases/tag/3.0.0

New features

• Added airbases coordinates for all maps. Courtesy of fellow simmer FireNLD.
  • Added Misc page, allowing configuration of:
    • Fuel Bingo alert
    • Enable Bullseye
    • Altitude floor alerts
    • TGP laser and laser tracker codes
    • TACAN channel and band
    • ILS frequency and course
  • Added HTS configuration page
    • You can enable / disable the predefined classes by selecting which emitters you want to scan for. The app will choose the classes based on the emitters you select.
    • Ability to edit the manual HTS table emitter list
  • Added HARM configuration page
    • Ability to edit the three configurable HARM tables
  • Changed CMS page
    • Added 6th program
    • Added Bingo for chaff and flare

Bugfixes

• Reverted command delay to 200ms
  • Fix Load / Save page functionality

Important

Make sure you update the DCSDTC.lua file in the Scripts folder inside Saved Games.

Hi, My Windows AntiVirus do not let me install the update ? What can I do ? 

Leo

Edge won't even let you download it.  I was able to download with Firefox, but still had to tell Windows Defender to allow it.

I just finished recreating my profile and hope to get a test flight in later tonight.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

2 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Will do ill set something up.  You want an email or PM ?

Thanks 

Shrike

PM or Discord (The_Paid_Actor#1368)

1 hour ago, RogueSqdn said:

Edge won't even let you download it.  I was able to download with Firefox, but still had to tell Windows Defender to allow it.

I just finished recreating my profile and hope to get a test flight in later tonight.

Its weird how it works... First time I download from Github and it works fine, then I think someone downloads it and Defender flags it, get its signature sent to Microsoft so then next time I try again to download it mine also flags 😄 But I have some ideas on how to make the distribution process smoother.

This is absolutely awesome ! thanks again for the great update and the HARM/HTS and MISC pages.  Great work ! 

Any thoughts on adding VIP and VRP point data ?   Have a great new year and thanks for saving countless accumulated hours of preflight data entry in DCS.

• Like 1

So not a huge deal because I could just use DICE for the CMDS programs, but it seems like some minor update in the F16 added two "other" countermeasures that the program doesn't account for, so the CMDS programs loaded by the DTC aren't correct. Hopefully that makes some sense...

On 1/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, Shrike88 said:

This is absolutely awesome ! thanks again for the great update and the HARM/HTS and MISC pages.  Great work ! 

Any thoughts on adding VIP and VRP point data ?   Have a great new year and thanks for saving countless accumulated hours of preflight data entry in DCS.

VRP and PUP would be amazing indeed !

On 1/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, Shrike88 said:

Haha thanks! Will look into VIP and VRP for sure.

21 hours ago, lethal205 said:

So not a huge deal because I could just use DICE for the CMDS programs, but it seems like some minor update in the F16 added two "other" countermeasures that the program doesn't account for, so the CMDS programs loaded by the DTC aren't correct. Hopefully that makes some sense...

I can only configure things that are available in the cockpit. There are some CMDS settings that can only be done by editing the sim files, like DICE does. So if you care about that, its no problem, you can use both alongside, just dont apply CMS settings from DTC.

Trying to apply CMS, and it's trying to make my BI on chaff 41 instead of BQ 4 and BI 1.0.  Increasing command delay doesn't seem to help.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

17 hours ago, SFJackBauer said:

Haha thanks! Will look into VIP and VRP for sure.

I can only configure things that are available in the cockpit. There are some CMDS settings that can only be done by editing the sim files, like DICE does. So if you care about that, its no problem, you can use both alongside, just dont apply CMS settings from DTC.

I think Rogue squadron described the issue better than I did haha. I believe him and I are having the same issue.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, SFJackBauer said:

The F-18 has its own peculiarities - a different coordinate format, different radios, can have multiple waypoint sequences, MFD page setup is different... It can be done, but I dont know when I will have time for it. Different screens would have to be designed for it.

Would love a Hornet version, there's so many setting/preferences we have to do to get the hornet in a fighting state every mission.

The way the Radar is setup by default is not ideal, it would be great if we could pre-configure stuff like track timeout, radar bars, azimuth etc that is saved per each weapon select switch. The radar cross section and target size setting on the Sparrow/Amraam stores is not ideal, would prefer it default to small size.

Default DDI pages based on A/A and A/G would be awesome, as the SA page is much better on the left DDI instead of the center. However I think this is a limitation in the real hornet as well I don't believe they can change it.

Regarding multiple waypoint sequences, I think 99% of people only use SEQ1.

The waypoint coordinates can now be done in MGRS as well, except for JDAMs/JSOWs which still can only be done in the old format when pre-planned mode.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 1/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, RogueSqdn said:

Trying to apply CMS, and it's trying to make my BI on chaff 41 instead of BQ 4 and BI 1.0.  Increasing command delay doesn't seem to help.

Found the bug, thanks.

33 minutes ago, Weidlich said:

Bug report:

Uploading the MFDs, Harm, HTS stuff doesn't work when you are not in NAV mode.
Doing it while in AA or AG an input is wrong and it hangs at the DED.
I suggest adding the command to go to NAV before entering anything in the script.

Andre

I can't set to NAV because there is no NAV button on the F-16. You go to NAV by exiting other master modes. However one thing I do is check that if you are not in NAV mode, nothing gets applied for the MFDs. At least its how its working on my computer. Can you submit a video?

8 hours ago, SFJackBauer said:

Found the bug, thanks.

I can't set to NAV because there is no NAV button on the F-16. You go to NAV by exiting other master modes. However one thing I do is check that if you are not in NAV mode, nothing gets applied for the MFDs. At least its how its working on my computer. Can you submit a video?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqt9J1OkiSdKg6hjDcsLaNSapBx7Kg?e=hwQGBd

I press AG master mode, afterwards I click upload in your App. Then you see on the screen what happenes.

When I am in NAV master mode it works like a charm.

8 hours ago, Weidlich said:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqt9J1OkiSdKg6hjDcsLaNSapBx7Kg?e=hwQGBd

I press AG master mode, afterwards I click upload in your App. Then you see on the screen what happenes.

When I am in NAV master mode it works like a charm.

Well thats 100% intented actually. Things only work if you are in NAV mode. You see that I am checking there on the DED mode page if you are in either AA or AG mode, if yes, then I abort the process and nothing will happen.

So you know what to do - just be in NAV mode.