DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

Uploaded a new version:

https://github.com/the-paid-actor/dcs-dtc/releases/tag/3.1.0

If this is your first time downloading it, check github frontpage for installation instructions.

New features

• Added Bullseye waypoint number
  • All settings on Upload page now are saved to the preset
  • Added Minimize button to the main screen

Bugfixes

• Fixed error uploading CMS settings to the jet

(Note - I already submitted the file to MS for whitelisting on Windows Defender. I am suspicious that, just because its a zip downloaded from a website, Windows is being extra-suspicious of it. Therefore you can try, after downloading the zip, right-click Properties and then mark Unblock and OK.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@SFJackBauer

Great app, it makes pickup MP so much better, not to mention MFD config in any game mode. 

Two requests for you to consider:

1) Could you pls consider adding the ability to type in or capture the bullseye coord specifically (either in the misc page or as a discreet option in the waypoints page). As it stands you need to program bulls, upload to jet, delete bulls and select/upload mission waypoints again. I note that being able to specify which DED waypoint is being inputted rather than the current continuous series would also solve this.

2) Pls decouple MFDs, misc HTS/HARM pages in the upload menu. I say this because frequently flight lead will specify HTS/HARM settings for everyone, but I don't want his MFD or misc config as well.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Floydii:

@SFJackBauer

Great app, it makes pickup MP so much better, not to mention MFD config in any game mode. 

Two requests for you to consider:

1) Could you pls consider adding the ability to type in or capture the bullseye coord specifically (either in the misc page or as a discreet option in the waypoints page). As it stands you need to program bulls, upload to jet, delete bulls and select/upload mission waypoints again. I note that being able to specify which DED waypoint is being inputted rather than the current continuous series would also solve this.

2) Pls decouple MFDs, misc HTS/HARM pages in the upload menu. I say this because frequently flight lead will specify HTS/HARM settings for everyone, but I don't want his MFD or misc config as well.

...would be nice! 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 12:22 AM, supahfly said:

I just coded it and sent a pull request to SFJackBauer. I think you should get it soon 🙂
image.png

Any word on the next update for this? Or are certain aircraft still being worked on to be added to this?

• Like 1

My PC: GPU-AMD 6800XT OC / CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800X OC / 32 GB RAM 3200Mhz / 1TB SSD / 2TB HDD / 500GB M.2 / Monitor: 34" Ultrawide Samsung 1000R Curve / WinWing F16EX HOTAS / TM Cougar MFDs / TM TPR Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5 / ICP

I Have an issue, and a suggestion,

My issue is the 3.1 version of DTC seems to fail for me every time when it gets to bullseye. Even if I disable the 'Misc' selection, it still seems to fail. I've reverted to 2.1 which seems to work well for me except the CMS...

My suggestion is to allow you to choose how many radio freq's to update, similar to how you allow it to chose how many waypoints to update. When I build missions, I only every need 5 or so frequencies per radio. The rest of them I just leave default, and it takes unnecessary time updating a bunch of presets I'll never use. 

Just a suggestion..

So. Trying the new version...

I get this

image.png

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

So. Trying the new version...

I get this

image.png

11 hours ago, Aa416295 said:

My issue is the 3.1 version of DTC seems to fail for me every time when it gets to bullseye.

Make sure you put the new DCSDTC.lua in the Saved Games\Scripts folder, I had the same problem; it was running the old script.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

9 hours ago, Tholozor said:

Make sure you put the new DCSDTC.lua in the Saved Games\Scripts folder, I had the same problem; it was running the old script.

Thanks so much, This worked perfectly. Does anyone know if you can add waypoints out of order using DTC? Say I want to use WP 25 as bullseye, can I put in WP1-7, then skip to 25, or do I have to put in 8-24 as waypoints?

On 2/16/2022 at 7:29 AM, Aa416295 said:

Thanks so much, This worked perfectly. Does anyone know if you can add waypoints out of order using DTC? Say I want to use WP 25 as bullseye, can I put in WP1-7, then skip to 25, or do I have to put in 8-24 as waypoints?

It seemed to autopopulate blank WP's, but I haven't used it much. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/16/2022 at 3:29 PM, Aa416295 said:

You have to add the STPT's in between, but all you have to do is add the new steerponts and give each steerpoint a coordinate of N 00 00.000 E 000 00.000 and it'll be blanked in the aircraft (it disconnects the lines on the HSD). My community uses blanking so we can mark airspaces and FLOTs in addition to our flight plans without everything being connected on the HSD.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

What an awesome tool! Thank you! 

Just a little cosmetic Problem... Can you add darker lines behind the entry fields? For example in the CMS part it is very hard to tell in which line you enter something or which line belongs to which Programm. Hard to use with a single colour background,can you add a darker background for Programm 2, 4 and so on? 

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Just wanted to chime in again, Thank you so much for this mod.   Have printed out and shared with the rest of a group of guys the cards I use now we can all be on the same page and up and running in a matter of minutes. Just like plugging in the card on the real jet. 

Thank you so much again for this and even with DCS Glitches and random restarts your program has saved me countless hours of data entry.  

Thanks again SFJackBauer ! 

Would it be possible to limit all this to one file/exe?

a file that you can only edit or create with the help of DTC, with DTC then this file is created which you can then send on, the recipient clicks on this and it is directly entered all the points in the F16?

Greetings,

SFJackBauer or Supahfly any thoughts on more incorporation of the Weapon Delivery Planner system that we had for Falcon4 /  BMS ?   Excellent and powerful tool, unfortunate we do not have anything standard like this for DCS, but since it relied on a DTC feature for Falcon.  This seems to be right up the alley.  

The biggest take for me is seeing the calculations and it can enter the offsets, action points VRP. VIP etc for target waypoints based on the selection criteria for the attack being utilized.  

some References.
http://www.weapondeliveryplanner.nl/files/wdp/WDP 2.0 Manual.pdf

http://www.weapondeliveryplanner.nl/

You can download and view the software,  obviously intended for use with F4/BMS but its free to view and try.  I still used ot this day but have to manually write all of the data down and use your DTC to enter it once in game. 
There are some great video references on the WDP website also that can explain the functionality more than I ever will be able to. 

Thanks again

Agree on the keyboard binding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

On 3/6/2022 at 11:58 PM, Hobel said:

Would it be possible to limit all this to one file/exe?

a file that you can only edit or create with the help of DTC, with DTC then this file is created which you can then send on, the recipient clicks on this and it is directly entered all the points in the F16?

No but you can already save files and send those files to other people. All they have to do is use the app to open the files and upload to the jet.

Or, you can use the copy to clibpoard function and send to them... no files needed. I dont know how to get more easier than this.

On 2/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, felafe said:

Thank you for this amazing App ! 

Are there any plans to integrate VRP and PUP ? I would be nice to save some of my presets and not have to enter them manually all the time .

Greethings from Spangdahlem Germany 

Last time I checked there was not a reliable way to enter these via lua scripting. You have to be on specific modes to be able to input that kind of data, and its not easy to erase/redo if you apply a second time. Remember this is a hack, honestly I am amazed I've been able to do all of this with the little that its possible in terms of lua scripting.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, 480th-BRAVO said:

I'd like to say thanks again for an excellent tool!

Could I ask if it would be possible to add a keybind for uploading to the jet? It would help for those of us flying in VR to be able to press a button and start the upload process.

Many thanks!

Will look into it.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, SFJackBauer said:

No but you can already save files and send those files to other people. All they have to do is use the app to open the files and upload to the jet.

Or, you can use the copy to clibpoard function and send to them... no files needed. I dont know how to get more easier than this.

Last time I checked there was not a reliable way to enter these via lua scripting. You have to be on specific modes to be able to input that kind of data, and its not easy to erase/redo if you apply a second time. Remember this is a hack, honestly I am amazed I've been able to do all of this with the little that its possible in terms of lua scripting.

Will look into it.

First I just want to let you know how much this software has changed the way my community's F-16's operate! We fly very realistic missions with tonnes of planning and being able to easily input this data into a DTC and send this data to flights via the DTC clipboard rather than messing around inside of the DCS ME and merging files with the master mission file, it saves us a hell of a lot of of time with the added benefit of increased flexibility. It really is a game changer and very much appreciated!

I have a couple of minor QOL feature requests for future releases:

1. HSD options (coupling, centering and XMT network).

2. Input backup IFF settings (squawk and power setting, inputted in that order).

3. JHMCS settings (blanking and declutter).

4. Select active UHF and VHF preset after all the presets have been input.

5. Select UHF mode (MAIN or BOTH).

6. Select TACAN mode (REC, T/R or T/R A/A).

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante