DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

Yes, please ToS!! We really need it in multiplayer squadron missions as the implementation is bugged and the ToS defined for each steerpoint in the Mission Editor will be overwritten based on how much time elapses between the server starting and the player spawning in. Even if you check "fix time" (or whatever the option is called) in ME.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, Cirmi said:

Yes, please ToS!! We really need it in multiplayer squadron missions as the implementation is bugged and the ToS defined for each steerpoint in the Mission Editor will be overwritten based on how much time elapses between the server starting and the player spawning in. Even if you check "fix time" (or whatever the option is called) in ME.

Can't agree with this more! If we could have ToS that would be a massive help!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Using the mod for the 18 I keep getting errors for the Preplanned 8x jdams. coordinates are not showing or anything..... I'm lost to know where the issue is. also for the 16 can you add the preplanned as well?

Edited by RayBurge

• 3 weeks later...

I have lots of error in log related to DTC, the DTC is working fine and I didnt really care much about these error, but recently the DCS start crashing and I m guessing this error appears once I dont use the application, however wanted to check with you too, the my export.lua  is as below:

local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')
local DCSDTClfs=require('lfs'); dofile(DCSDTClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/DCSDTC.lua')
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

and the here is the error:

2022-07-19 19:50:16.425 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/DCSDTC.lua"]:322: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/DCSDTC.lua"]:322: in function 'OtherLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
	[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:247: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
	[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua"]:87: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
	[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function <[string "C:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:58>.

It's not the big deal with this error actually, but if indeed it bothers You, I made for myself the corrected version of the dcsdtc.lua file, and it is not spamming with this error.
DCSDTC.lua

As I can see, You're using the TheWay too, and it's file causes the same kind of error within similar routine. If You're interrested i can share with You that file corrected as well.

Edited by Amarok_73
  • Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

37 minutes ago, Amarok_73 said:

It's not the big deal with this error actually, but if indeed it bothers You, I made for myself the corrected version of the dcsdtc.lua file, and it is not spamming with this error.
DCSDTC.lua

As I can see, You're using the TheWay too, and it's file causes the same kind of error within similar routine. If You're interrested i can share with You that file corrected as well.

thank @Amarok_73  got the idea 🙂 appreciate if you can share TheWay too , thanks a lot

41 minutes ago, Raviar said:

thank @Amarok_73  got the idea 🙂 appreciate if you can share TheWay too , thanks a lot

Sure thing mate, just need to get back to home, so I'll toss it to You this evening.

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

That's my pleasure if You consider it as usefull.

Natural Born Kamikaze

• 2 weeks later...

EDITED TEXT IN COLOUR

@ SFJackBauer
@ Fuzzel

Thanks to the both of you for working on this and for us especially the F18 compatibility.

A few things we've noticSizeed... the F18 module captures co-ordinates with a significant offset, the F16 module captures them correctly.

i.e. 

F18= N 41.56.48 E 041.52.48
F16= N 41.55.795 E 041.51.796

PP coordinates come across into jet just fine albeit for the F18 incorrect.

GRAPHICS DELETED

For PP WPS and CMS when you create them, close the 'exe' and reopen they remain in profile.... save to a file, reopen it and it seems they are still there, but forward the file or delete the file from the DTC control board THEN import from file, or a third party open it, they are not there... I presume this is by design..

Our group flies 2-3 missions per week and this tool would be perfect for Lead planning, distinct from ME creation, and then group distribution especially when we are involved with other SQNs.

If you want a group to test before release just shout..... and yes don't get stressed with the myriad of enthusiastic requests for this and that... 🙂

EDIT

FOUND WITHIN GITHUB DCS-DTC.EXE RC 12 THAT COORECTS THE ISSUES WITH F18,  ALL WP ETC COORDINATES ARE COPIED CORRECTY..... SUPERB LADS THANKS... https://github.com/p-louis/dcs-dtc/releases/tag/3.3.0-RC12

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

That link to 3.3.0 RC12 triggered anti-virus response on my system.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

6 hours ago, Skoop said:

'Microsoft' probably?  They are very slow at updating and I believe the author was uploaded the compiled file several times....

Certainly AVAST my end cleared it as too did all the other professional virus software bar 'microsoft'! see pic below... but of course your call...

2022-07-30_100716.png

• Like 1

SIGBLOCK.png

12 hours ago, Skoop said:

Every version of DCS DTC has triggered Microsoft's anti-virus checks until the files have been sent to Microsoft for them to check and clear it. This has to be done for every single patch that's been released and since 3.3.0 RC12 isn't an official release but a forked version my guess is that whomever made it never sent it to Microsoft to get it cleared.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 3 weeks later...

Wish some cooperation with @kikaku and his Pop up calculator could be incorporated into the DTC tool,  then we could have some type of WDP functionality coming to DCS.  Find a target coord on the map, enter the coords and the attack profile could all be calculated and imputed from the DTC automatically.  Would save so much time.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325532/

Edited by Shrike88

On 8/23/2022 at 7:48 PM, Fulgrim said:

Hi gents, I'm getting constant crashes since I updated to the latest OB, and when analyzing the logs this comes out. @SFJackBauer could DTC be related to the crashes?

Natural Born Kamikaze