DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

• 2 weeks later...

@Shrike88 Thanks for the mention -- I haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback re: the PUP attack calculator so was checking in to see if there was still interest adding the results of the PUP calculator to DTC. I've tried to reach out to the creator of DTC via discord but I haven't heard back yet-- I have, however, gone through the DTC code posted on github (coincidentally we both wrote our code in the same language/program/environment). I gotta say, DTC was clearly written by someone who writes code for a living and is intimately familiar with C#/Windows Forms...It appears to be written with the idea that it can/will be added to in the future to follow the new systems added to the F-16 and would also support the addition of other aircraft. Awesome job! I understood most of it but my coding background is purely functional in nature (I'm a physicist/engineer so like automating experiments, analyzing data or programming microcontrollers for my cockpit).

However, if there is still interest, I think I could write a module for DTC that could add the VRP/VIP/PUP/OA1/2 generated by my PUP calculator code to a pre-selected waypoint. (Like, add a VRP/OA option/entry page and add another column in the WP sequence screen with a check box so one of the WP to be uploaded can be selected as the "TGT"reference for the PUP symbology) I could also probably add in the ToS functionality too...

I'm not very familiar with the ins and outs of github and how to 'fork' software (if someone knows a good resource please let me know) and would much rather work with the creator of DTC -- however if I hear from enough people or see that there is a lot of interest I can probably work out how to develop a variation of the DTC to incorporate PUP calculations. The code won't be as elegant but it would (probably) work...I envision it something like duct taping a side mirror to an expensive sports car... 😉 You can ping me back here or on discord [kikaku#7185] to let me know if there is interest in this or with questions about the PUP calculator

thanks!

• Thanks 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:06 AM, Fuzzel said:

I have recently taken up the work to add support for the F/A-18.

Hello @Fuzzel, I really like Your part of job done for F-18. Is there any chance for update, so Bingo settings will work again? And perhaps You could add the option for bullseye waypoint as it is in F-16 module of DCS-DTC?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:47 AM, kikaku said:

@Shrike88 Thanks for the mention -- I haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback re: the PUP attack calculator so was checking in to see if there was still interest adding the results of the PUP calculator to DTC. I've tried to reach out to the creator of DTC via discord but I haven't heard back yet-- I have, however, gone through the DTC code posted on github (coincidentally we both wrote our code in the same language/program/environment). I gotta say, DTC was clearly written by someone who writes code for a living and is intimately familiar with C#/Windows Forms...It appears to be written with the idea that it can/will be added to in the future to follow the new systems added to the F-16 and would also support the addition of other aircraft. Awesome job! I understood most of it but my coding background is purely functional in nature (I'm a physicist/engineer so like automating experiments, analyzing data or programming microcontrollers for my cockpit).

However, if there is still interest, I think I could write a module for DTC that could add the VRP/VIP/PUP/OA1/2 generated by my PUP calculator code to a pre-selected waypoint. (Like, add a VRP/OA option/entry page and add another column in the WP sequence screen with a check box so one of the WP to be uploaded can be selected as the "TGT"reference for the PUP symbology) I could also probably add in the ToS functionality too...

I'm not very familiar with the ins and outs of github and how to 'fork' software (if someone knows a good resource please let me know) and would much rather work with the creator of DTC -- however if I hear from enough people or see that there is a lot of interest I can probably work out how to develop a variation of the DTC to incorporate PUP calculations. The code won't be as elegant but it would (probably) work...I envision it something like duct taping a side mirror to an expensive sports car... 😉 You can ping me back here or on discord [kikaku#7185] to let me know if there is interest in this or with questions about the PUP calculator

thanks!

You might want to check with Bailey as he is very active in the DCS mod community also.  Maybe you could liaison with him.  https://discord.gg/uduNsuVY

However spoke with him yesterday, He is not pursuing anything Viper related in the future.  Thanks again for your calculator @kikaku !  I am not super proficient with Git, However P-Louis started a branch and its 3.3.0 for the DTC and has the TOS feature added to the waypoints.  Not on the same WP page but it is there.  Thanks again for everything Ill start researching maybe we can make this a reality sometime here soon.   Ill have to start learning to code lol

Edited by Shrike88

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, darkman222 said:

Is the DTC app working on the latest DCS beta? Upload to jet gives a "unhandled exception" for me. Even if used as administrator.

Yes, still works for me.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I just started using this and it's fantastic. Never have to set up the damn countermeasures in the DED again...

Though I am having an issue with the app minimizing DCS when I click into it. Did anyone have the same issue and knows how to fix it? (I am on fullscreen mode for DCS).
Thanks.

This app is a massive time saver.  Thank you very much.

Is there any more information about support for the Hornet?  I see posts through this thread sporadically and there's some references to it on the github page, but I can't find a way to actually use it with the Hornet.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, darkman222 said:

Starting as Admin does not help either

It seems, that when asked by Firewall, You've denied the request for opening the communictation with the application.

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 4 weeks later...

Keystroke uploading doesn't seem to work for me anymore, but alt-tabbing out and hitting upload still works.

A bit of a pain in VR, but better than ED's lack of a DTC at this time.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

On 11/20/2022 at 5:09 PM, RogueSqdn said:

Keystroke uploading doesn't seem to work for me anymore, but alt-tabbing out and hitting upload still works.

A bit of a pain in VR, but better than ED's lack of a DTC at this time.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, Hawkeye91 said:

I can't get the Capture function to work. No coordinates show up when I hit Start Capture, no do they capture anything. 

Add this line to your DCSDTC.lua file. Mine is on Line 18.

local Terrain = require('terrain')

Edited by Stackhouse

Thanks, I'll give that a shot later.  Working on the cockpit some at the moment.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

On 11/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, Meme Aircombatwings said:

hi ,someone managed to import a flight plan from combatflite

You can't import a flight plan directly, but there's a easy way of transferring steerpoints. Open the Kneeboard page in CombatFlite and you'll have the coordinates for each steerpoint in the NOTE column. Just click to select, CTRL+C, then CTRL+V in the coordinate field in DCS DTC. Rinse and repeat. Even for a full flight plan of 24 steerpoints it takes maybe 5 seconds to input each steerpoint (including altitude), so about 2 minutes maximum for a full flight plan. It's not optimal, but it's your best option at the moment.

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

2 ore fa, WHOGX5 ha scritto:

You can't import a flight plan directly, but there's a easy way of transferring steerpoints. Open the Kneeboard page in CombatFlite and you'll have the coordinates for each steerpoint in the NOTE column. Just click to select, CTRL+C, then CTRL+V in the coordinate field in DCS DTC. Rinse and repeat. Even for a full flight plan of 24 steerpoints it takes maybe 5 seconds to input each steerpoint (including altitude), so about 2 minutes maximum for a full flight plan. It's not optimal, but it's your best option at the moment.

one more question, the coordinate format in combatflite is different and i can't add fast with copy and paste, i always have to enter the letter E of east. How do you do?

3 hours ago, Meme Aircombatwings said:

one more question, the coordinate format in combatflite is different and i can't add fast with copy and paste, i always have to enter the letter E of east. How do you do?

For me the formatting in the Kneeboard page is correct. I think you can choose between different coordinate formats in the top left corner of the Kneeboard window if I remember it correctly.

5 hours ago, Meme Aircombatwings said:

hello , yes that's what I was doing too, so I wonder what the option on the load page is for to import a file from combatflite in xml format?

There is no such implementation at the moment. I know someone posted a commit on Github that supposedly enables importing from CombatFlite, but it has never been added to the release build.

DCS Wishlist:

42 minuti fa, WHOGX5 ha scritto:

For me the formatting in the Kneeboard page is correct. I think you can choose between different coordinate formats in the top left corner of the Kneeboard window if I remember it correctly.

There is no such implementation at the moment. I know someone posted a commit on Github that supposedly enables importing from CombatFlite, but it has never been added to the release build.

I was hoping it would work

image.png

Edited by Meme Aircombatwings