DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

53 minutes ago, JB3DG said:

Will a DTC get created for the F-18 at some point as well?

The F-18 has its own peculiarities - a different coordinate format, different radios, can have multiple waypoint sequences, MFD page setup is different... It can be done, but I dont know when I will have time for it. Different screens would have to be designed for it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GusPT said:

Was able to download this version without issues.

Thanks!

Um abraço de Almada 🙂

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 minutes ago, Mower said:

download or info link please.

it´s on first post.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

22 hours ago, karpiyon said:

Hi,

Great work.

For the MFDs, do I need to be in a specific mode before hitting 'Upload'?

E.g. If I am at A-A mode and hitting 'Upload' will it detect the current mode and switch to NAV in order to start it's sequence?

I can't read any info from the cockpit (or, if there is a way, I don't know exactly how) so yes, you have to start with NAV in order for it to work properly.

Hi - many thanks for this ... feels an awesome mod.

One Q: where do I place the other files in the download? I have correctly placed the DCSDTC file in the right folder, but the other four files I don't know where they should go?

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

This is a fantastic mod. THANK YOU!

Any chance you could expand it to include other planes? I.e. Hornet. I realize not all the stuff would neccisarily work, but just not having to type waypoints, radio freqs, setting up MFD's is a total chore that would be great to avoid. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Nice work!!!
Thank you

(waiting for use with VR)

Cheers 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

9 hours ago, Mower said:

upload error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:43001

Just last night helped someone on Discord with the same issue, it was lacking the .lua file in the right place which does the export. 

9 hours ago, C3PO said:

Hi - many thanks for this ... feels an awesome mod.

One Q: where do I place the other files in the download? I have correctly placed the DCSDTC file in the right folder, but the other four files I don't know where they should go?

Extract all the files to a folder in any place you want. Can be your desktop, for example.

6 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

This is a fantastic mod. THANK YOU!

Any chance you could expand it to include other planes? I.e. Hornet. I realize not all the stuff would neccisarily work, but just not having to type waypoints, radio freqs, setting up MFD's is a total chore that would be great to avoid. 

Sure, I just need... time 😄

• Thanks 1

It also works in VR. But it has a slight offset to picked waypoints. I guess because of the spherical projection you are picking the points on the map. But if used on servers youre frequently flying on, you could create a DTC for each server in 2D before.

Its more accurate in 2D. Just tested it.

But why is it minimizing DCS when I klick "start capture" DCS is running full screen in 2D and then minimized.

Edited by darkman222

55 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

It also works in VR. But it has a slight offset to picked waypoints. I guess because of the spherical projection you are picking the points on the map. But if used on servers youre frequently flying on, you could create a DTC for each server in 2D before.

Its more accurate in 2D. Just tested it.

But why is it minimizing DCS when I klick "start capture" DCS is running full screen in 2D and then minimized.

How does this work in VR?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Technically? No idea. 😉 This is how it looks like, and when you zoom in it is pretty accurate where it places the waypoints.

I put the headset on a table, press center VR view.

You gotta jump between DTC and DCS then like in 2D.

What an awesome app!

2021-10-07.png

Edited by darkman222

6 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

Technically? No idea. 😉 This is how it looks like, and when you zoom in it is pretty accurate where it places the waypoints.

I put the headset on a table, press center VR view.

You gotta jump between DTC and DCS then like in 2D.

What an awesome app!

2021-10-07.png

Hm, I will have to try this, I only used the pre-made airfield ones before.

Ok just tried the "Capture" function and its brilliant, works fine in VR just as long as you zoom in and have everything roughly centered in the 2D window. 

Let me go out on a limb and credit @Comrade Doge for the original idea of capturing waypoints using the F10 map on his DCS TheWay mod. I shamelessly (and after asking for his permission) copied his .lua code and his idea for that.

I wasn't even thinking of adding it to DTC originally, I am so used to inputting lat/long coordinates using the keyboard I just wanted a way to store them and share them.

18 minutes ago, SFJackBauer said:

Let me go out on a limb and credit @Comrade Doge for the original idea of capturing waypoints using the F10 map on his DCS TheWay mod. I shamelessly (and after asking for his permission) copied his .lua code and his idea for that.

I wasn't even thinking of adding it to DTC originally, I am so used to inputting lat/long coordinates using the keyboard I just wanted a way to store them and share them.

One additional functionality that would be nice would be a library where you can save WP coords of "stuff". I realize you can enter as many as you want now and only load 1-10 or whatever but it would be nice to have more convenient way to store a database for each map.

14 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

One additional functionality that would be nice would be a library where you can save WP coords of "stuff". I realize you can enter as many as you want now and only load 1-10 or whatever but it would be nice to have more convenient way to store a database for each map.

Have you checked Load / Save to a file? You can have multiple files saved for different missions / servers etc. and load them as you want.