Exporting instruments and gauges

Hi Guys

I have set up my Viper to multiple monitors and I have my MFD's on my second screen.

I used the monitorsetup.lua

What I need is to set up other instrument - DED, RWR, Fuel Flow, ADI and so on .....

Please help me -I'm blank - could you maybe share your LUA's?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

BOS

Simulated Royal Danish Airforce

• Like 1

You might get an answer here but best is to check the input / output section of the forum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/70-input-and-output/

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Could use Helios and the F-16 profile, or Helios and make your own, or just dissect the F-16 profile and reverse engineer to your own needs.
http://www.captzeen.com/helios/f16C.asp

- Fetch it under downloads.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 2:42 AM, Backsoon said:

Hi Guys

I have set up my Viper to multiple monitors and I have my MFD's on my second screen.

I used the monitorsetup.lua

What I need is to set up other instrument - DED, RWR, Fuel Flow, ADI and so on .....

Please help me -I'm blank - could you maybe share your LUA's?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

BOS

Simulated Royal Danish Airforce

This is actually very easy, as long as it's a valid indicator with the right lua file available.

All you need to do is add 2 lines of code to the bottom of the lua file and it will create a named export.

For example in the Ka-50 I export the EKRAN by editing this indicator file:

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\EKRAN\Indicator\Ekran_init.lua

Backup first then add these two lines to the bottom of the lua file:

--Add 2 lines to the end of xxxx_init.lua in the indicator folder & set name I want (replace MY_EKRAN with whatever you want the viewport to be called:
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("MY_EKRAN")

Then just configure a viewport in your Monitor Config file to position that named viewport.

I recommend putting your edited indicator file into JSGME mod manager, because updates can overwrite these files.

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods