• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VISA + DOWNLOAD

- - - - - OR - - - - -

VISA + CD

No PayPal Shi... for me :!:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Personally I'd definately prefer a VISA option to using PayPal.

I'm quite happy to download it. Although having only just upgraded from a 56k to broadband I can imagine that those still on dial up would rather not go this way. If I was still on dial up I certainly wouldn't want to download something of the size this is bound to be.

I would however like some clarification on what the situation would be if the internet connection gets dropped part way through the download. Not having ever bought software via download before, it might be a stupid question, but I would like to have it confirmed that either a dropped network connection or a corrupted download won't result in having paid the money but got nothing in return.

I think there should be no problem with Paypal in my end of the spectrum...I have a Road Runner Cable connection so, the download of 250megs should be a breeze.. Now if there is an option for destibuting the add-on by telepathy may I recieve the add-on now..I'm opened minded and the check will be teleported to you ASAP...... trust me....

I'm waiting..... :lol:

What ever it takes the price of 35 dollars was what I envisioned so it's cheap considering the amount of hard labor you guys have put into this.. Thank you guys very much and God's Speed.........

I've never had any problems with Paypal. But, since they don't accomodate payments from other countries it is a serious limitation. Obviously the best approach is to have as much flexability as possible by providing a variety of payment options. Visa and Mastercard using Verisign or some other agency is probably the way to go.

Of course the download option will depend on the type of copy protection that is utilized. This add on, like the original simulation product, is a huge target for piracy.

Having an option to receive a CD would be great but the cost of doing this has to be factored in, obviously. There are plenty of companies that provide distribution service for software that could accommodate this option.

As for the price for the add on, taking into account the economies of scale and remembering that TFC/ED is a small organization without massive distribution assets, the $35 is very approriate. If people want simulations or other niche genres they are going to have to pay more then they have in past retail experiences.

Cheers,

Carl

Guest esa_mirmi

Well, i´m speaking only in my own name, a member of a spanish squadron, http://www.cruzdesanandres.com, and i think de VISA-CD MAIL option is the best for all of us that are worry about large downloads with short bandwith, ore also for people that just want a hard support for they software.

Paypal-CD MAIL is a good idea but here in my squadron most of the member never used this way of payment and are worried about this kind of payment

The payment via download is better suited for people that can enjoy a wide internet connection, that´s not the general situation here in Spain. This is the principal reason why here we prefeer the CD MAIL via VISA or PAYPAL.

Other different question is the support of the 1.1. I think ED can be very happy with the online community response. Here in my squadron all members want this 1.1, an each one want to pay for it. More or les we are 30-40 active members, and there are more squadrons that are very interested in pay a copy.

I think this response justified the investiement made by ED, and also justified post addons.

Thanks Ed and supporters for the hard work and keep going with it.

VISA & Download for me also.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

As for the price for the add on, taking into account the economies of scale and remembering that TFC/ED is a small organization without massive distribution assets, the $35 is very approriate. If people want simulations or other niche genres they are going to have to pay more then they have in past retail experiences.

Cheers,

Carl

I was unexpecting it to be higher, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Yes, it's much more than I personally paid for the original, but I bought mine used for next to nothing.

Oh, and I voted DL and PayPal. PayPal works for me and I don't need no stinkin CD.

CanadaDave

Lock On!, what a beautiful name for a beautiful simulator! Nothing come close to it in term of Sounds, graphics, gameplay and realism. I tried many sims before but none took me profoundly as Lock On did!! keep going guys... hope it'll not be the last Add-On...

About the methods, i'll be very interested to download it! when it comes out.

And to buy it via Paypal. I never had trouble with paypal before.

So i'm fully confident with that payment method.

good evening everyone!

N-Rafale-1.jpg

The Rafale in all its splendour, a fabulous bird!

MSI-7025/Thermaltake Sviking Tower/550 PPU Antek/AMD 4200+ X2/1 Gig Ram Corsair XMS/ATI Radeon X800XT/20" LCD Samsung Syncmaster 204b/Zalman Headphone 6speakers/Saitek X52/Logitech double infrared/250HD 16megs SATA/80HD 8megs PATA

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs Distribution Option

PayPal, Download

29%

29% [ 14 ]

PayPal, CD delivery

6%

6% [ 3 ]

Visa, Download

54%

54% [ 26 ]

Visa, CD delivery

10%

10% [ 5 ]

Wags I have a Master Card I hope Visa will not only the only credit card option available....

Yes i only have a AMEX card. Multiple CC support would be great.

Cj

well, I have a bonus card from nearest restaurant. Is ED going to support it? :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Thanks,

Matt

why do you have a preferred mug to drink a cup of tea? it just feels better. if you want to do something against pirating, you have to make ppl feel special when they buy a product (remember the times when there was actually a MANUAL in the box?)

then there's the issue about life expectancy of a burned cd and a hard disk. you want to keep Lock On for years not, months (same thing with films...).

although a cd is not a must for me, I think it is the cleanest solution.

Is the bandwith of the downloads really cheaper for you than a cd?

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs Distribution Option

PayPal, Download

29%

29% [ 14 ]

PayPal, CD delivery

6%

6% [ 3 ]

Visa, Download

54%

54% [ 26 ]

Visa, CD delivery

10%

10% [ 5 ]

Wags I have a Master Card I hope Visa will not only the only credit card option available....

I'm with you Moose I only have Mastercard. By the way I won't use Paypal as I don't trust them. Got stung once by them I'm not getting stung a second time, it hurts too much. Forgot to say D/L is fine by me.

169su25sig.gif

Play Hard - Play Fair

Pilot Officer "SnowCat"

169th Panthers