Infantry damage

Rex

Well Chuck Norris wishes he was as tough as my infantry.

They stand on the field of battle, both hands giving the "you're #1 salute", as bombs and missiles explode mere feet from where they stand, leaving moon-like craters in their wake.

Does my infantry flinch?

Pfffft.

Do killer whales dance the tango in Madison Square Garden on the third Friday of every month?

Hell no they don't.

And my men don't flinch either.

Bow down whoever you are, because if you're currently breathing air, you're a coward compared to these guys. I don't want to say these guys are pimps, so I'll just say that when they aren't kicking anuses and taking names, they're standing on a street corner wearing purple fedoras, calling people "jive-turkeys", and making good and sure their "employees" aren't short-changing them on the bread.

And that's all I have to say about that.

InkedIronMen-Rex-3.jpg

• Like 7

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• ED Team

please include a short track replay example 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Infantry damage
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry, I wasn't complaining, everything worked properly.   They were literally narrowly missed by a barrage of artillery and I just thought it was cool ... and very lucky.  I mean, skillful on my part 😉 

• Like 2

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• 2 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY  Hi.. I'll add a pic from a TacView Track showing multiple hits on infantry from UH-1H miniguns in Multiplayer... troops getting hit but not taken out.  I'm guessing getting hit by a 7.62mm round once would/should take out a soldier for the purpose of DCS World while multiple hits should (IMO) put enough damage on them to get a kill for sure.

We had a very difficult time getting them to drop/die.  The mission is the Crocodile Hunting Ground file by theSithis in DCS World Website User Files download section.  This particular target is 2-05.  I checked the mission file in ME and there are no immortal/invulnerable or other settings or scrips that would make these Insurgent Infantry units immune to 7.62mm hits.

I was flying UH-1H with human co-pilot and one human door gunner.

I was able to kill some of them with Rockets.. so know they were not set to invulnerable/immortal.

Just something to look at and tweak so the Huey and Gazelle Pilots don't get discouraged.

If you want a shortened Tacview track.. I can probably send it.

Regards

AldoUSMC

ImmortalTroops.png

Edited by AldoUSMC
typo and added mission file name

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

4 hours ago, AldoUSMC said:

@BIGNEWY  Hi.. I'll add a pic from a TacView Track showing multiple hits on infantry from UH-1H miniguns in Multiplayer... troops getting hit but not taken out.  I'm guessing getting hit by a 7.62mm round once would/should take out a soldier for the purpose of DCS World while multiple hits should (IMO) put enough damage on them to get a kill for sure.

We had a very difficult time getting them to drop/die.  The mission is the Crocodile Hunting Ground file by theSithis in DCS World Website User Files download section.  This particular target is 2-05.  I checked the mission file in ME and there are no immortal/invulnerable or other settings or scrips that would make these Insurgent Infantry units immune to 7.62mm hits.

I was flying UH-1H with human co-pilot and one human door gunner.

I was able to kill some of them with Rockets.. so know they were not set to invulnerable/immortal.

Just something to look at and tweak so the Huey and Gazelle Pilots don't get discouraged.

If you want a shortened Tacview track.. I can probably send it.

Regards

AldoUSMC

ImmortalTroops.png

Ive had similar issues but only in this mission..

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, AldoUSMC said:

if possible a dcs track replay is better so we can recreate the scenario, and check the options in the mission. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@Callsign112 .. copy that.. issue here I am bringing up is that apparently infantry currently are not being killed by Multiple 7.62mm bullet hits on them.  Blast damage kills are working fine.

@BIGNEWY I'll see if I can grab a DCS Replay track of it in single player.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

42 minutes ago, AldoUSMC said:

@Callsign112 .. copy that.. issue here I am bringing up is that apparently infantry currently are not being killed by Multiple 7.62mm bullet hits on them.  Blast damage kills are working fine.

@BIGNEWY I'll see if I can grab a DCS Replay track of it in single player.

I included the blast damage for completeness in reference to the OP, but at the beginning of the video I link above, I strafe the infantry and have no problems destroying them on the Normandy map with the Thunderbolts guns.  

This was run on latest public beta version.

Set up an AI vs AI in same basic area of Syria Map .... doing a capture on Crocodile Hunting miz was taking too long to get in an engagement and track files were too big to send.

UH-1 (AI Crew) was able to kill insurgents in the end on this one but you can see in the track and log files that it took between four (4) and (8) 7.62mm hits on each individual to cause a bda call then get a kill call.  I'm guessing the one that only took two (2) (see log) was a lucky head shot.

In the view it appears the insurgents are wearing flak or plate armor vests.  So my guess is that the vests are absorbing some of the damage states ?

I had to laugh at the end when the one (1) remaining insurgent (RPG guy) scored a long-range RPG hit on the helo and took it down after all that ... 

Hope this helps in tweaking infantry vulnerability to 7.62mm fires.

Regards

AldoUSMC

UH-1MinivsTough_Infantry.trk UH1MinivsTough_Infantry.log UH1vsInfantry.miz

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

• ED Team
20 hours ago, AldoUSMC said:

This was run on latest public beta version.

Set up an AI vs AI in same basic area of Syria Map .... doing a capture on Crocodile Hunting miz was taking too long to get in an engagement and track files were too big to send.

UH-1 (AI Crew) was able to kill insurgents in the end on this one but you can see in the track and log files that it took between four (4) and (8) 7.62mm hits on each individual to cause a bda call then get a kill call.  I'm guessing the one that only took two (2) (see log) was a lucky head shot.

In the view it appears the insurgents are wearing flak or plate armor vests.  So my guess is that the vests are absorbing some of the damage states ?

I had to laugh at the end when the one (1) remaining insurgent (RPG guy) scored a long-range RPG hit on the helo and took it down after all that ... 

Hope this helps in tweaking infantry vulnerability to 7.62mm fires.

Regards

AldoUSMC

UH-1MinivsTough_Infantry.trk 99.16 kB · 1 download UH1MinivsTough_Infantry.log 35.54 kB · 0 downloads UH1vsInfantry.miz 9.07 kB · 0 downloads

I am seeing a difference between our dev version and public, I will check with the team. 

Thanks

• Thanks 2