VSN New F-104 Mod

4 hours ago, anderst1 said:

Anyone know if you need FC3? I looked around, but couldn't find whether you need it or not stated anywhere. Also I assume you do as I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly, but when put into a mission editor I could not fly the plane.

Yes you need FC3 or at least the F-15 for F-104G and F-104S. For the F-104S AG you need the SU-25T.

Are u planning to make a custom hud/sight and radar scope for f104?

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

19 minutes ago, SandMartin said:
Are u planning to make a custom hud/sight and radar scope for f104?

This thread is not the mod thread so you might not get an answer. Unfortunately the Mods section of DCS forum could use some caretaking and modders should place their mods in correctly named threads and make them clear to understand and download.
This mod is actually  found dumped here:

And the download link is a mess.
Why someone would be so careless with his own work is a mystery to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

22 hours ago, LCO489 said:

Yes you need FC3 or at least the F-15 for F-104G and F-104S. For the F-104S AG you need the SU-25T.

Ok thanks so much for clarifying! I believe the SU-25T is the one I didn't try spawning in with (of course lol) so it should work in theory since the frogfoot is base game, right?

In case you may not be aware, there is a minor(?) patch fixing the FM. Link in the video below:

• Like 5

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, yufighter said:

How to solve a problem with textures, you can not see?

You need to be a bit more specific than that...  😉  I suggest reviewing the installation instructions.  It's easy to miss something, especially if you aren't installing in the correct user/Saved Games folder.

Downloaded this mod yesterday and read the instructions.

Easy installation today, just extract the zip, copy the F-15 settings and reverse the axis for the thrust. I had to change the controls for the engine from left/right to the common thrust and engine start. As well as the controls for the flaps for the take-off/combat setting. That's all.

The Starfighter flies easier than expected, first landing was successful, thanks to the instructions. Mach 2.2 @ 50000+ feet. First flight left a pretty good impression.

Great work ! 👍

My experience was much the same as Lynnux here.  Awesome work by the team!  This is a great mod and a lot of fun!  

Last night I tried to go guns on an F5 and boy howdy she's not a dog fighter.  I know, she's not meant to be.  You pull past that 15 AOA and you'd best be stepping out of the jet.  It's a lot of fun and a challenge though.  How'd that phrase go that was coined by a Starfighter pilot at Edwards?

"Banking with intent to turn."

Not a rate fighter LOL.

At a young age I remember seeing pictures and video and of course the movie "The Right Stuff" and I've been a fan ever since.  I made some changes to my copy to make it more of an F-104C version and did some UI stuff.  I'll share it here for anyone that's interested.  Thank you VSN Team!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv57dpd2g29ewhh/F104C.7z?dl=0

F104.jpg

• Like 2

Disclaimer: I do not make those vids…

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Does anyone know how the Kormoran missile is working ?

Since the German F-104Gs have no A2G-Version (VSN_F104G_AG has been removed in the Oct 2021 version) I have no clue how to get them working in the F-15 version... or am I trying something that's not supposed to work yet ?

EDIT: Just saw on YT, anti-ship missiles currently only for AI.

Edited by Lynnux

As you may know, FC3 based mods are often limited to some of the default sound effects.  Typically a combination of F15C and SU25 effects.  Changing these will affect not only the default sound effects but other FC3 based mods.  That said,  I've replaced the engine, cannon and canopy sound effects with some others that can be used for the F104 or F22 (which is what I originally changed them for).  Use a mod manager or place the "Sounds" folder and its contents into your SAVED games folder.  And then of course if you want to use some other sound effect just overwrite the ones that are appropriate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umbggdco23s46in/F104_Sound_Effects.7z?dl=0

Edited by Nightstorm

ok Im stupid, but cant get the F_104 mod to work. Got the VSN_F104G+v2.7.5.01+FC3+F104+EFM2.7 downloaded and installed in my saved games/dcs/mods/aircraft folder with FC3 installed. All my other mods installed work - T45, Hercules, A4E3...its the only one not showing up.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a question if you are so kind... I extracted the file for the vsn 104 but for some reasons I go to the mission editor or to the instant mission and when I launch the mission I can only see the plane from the outside and driven by AI. I cannot get in the cockpit or move any surface of the plane... I have done all by the mission editor correct (set to "player" or "client") and it works with the f18 or any other plane, mods included (like the tornado) for example. And yes, I have FC3 installed! I also tried to clean dcs with the procedure I read in the support page. If you have any suggestion would be great. thank you very much!

Andrea

ps. tried with the open beta and the dcs not beta because I have both installed but nothing, same result...

pps. installed correctly in my saved game\dcs\mods\...

Edited by Andre127

47 minuti fa, Andre127 ha scritto:

Hello, I have a question if you are so kind... I extracted the file for the vsn 104 but for some reasons I go to the mission editor or to the instant mission and when I launch the mission I can only see the plane from the outside and driven by AI. I cannot get in the cockpit or move any surface of the plane... I have done all by the mission editor correct (set to "player" or "client") and it works with the f18 or any other plane, mods included (like the tornado) for example. And yes, I have FC3 installed! I also tried to clean dcs with the procedure I read in the support page. If you have any suggestion would be great. thank you very much!

Andrea

ps. tried with the open beta and the dcs not beta because I have both installed but nothing, same result...

pps. installed correctly in my saved game\dcs\mods\...

Solved! I just installed visual Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 Redistributable libraries and now it's working perfectly!

thanks anyway!

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 6:05 PM, Andre127 said:

Solved! I just installed visual Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 Redistributable libraries and now it's working perfectly!

thanks anyway!

Andrea

Can you elaborate a little bit more please? AFAIK these should be included already in Windows 10/11...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Also could use a little help getting this installed as I cant even get this thing to load...

My wallpaper and skins

Ok, got it fixed...seems like Module Manager kept it deactivated by default.

My wallpaper and skins